The New Epson P700 Overview – Print At Home

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Topic: The New Epson P700 Overview – Print At Home Read 24251 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: September 7, 2020 at 5:37 pm

No more excuses.  If you don’t have a printer at home then it is time to get one.  Get those images off your mobile devices and put them to paper with the P700.  Read my extensive article on this new printer and why I am enjoying it so much at my home.  You can read about it HERE

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

David Sauro
    David Sauro
    Gold Member
    Re: The New Epson P700 Overview – Print At Home
    Reply #1 on: September 7, 2020 at 6:59 pm

Hi Kevin.

thanks for the article on the new epson printer.

i am looking forward to Mark’s review of the P900 which is what I am planning on purchasing.

My question is whether you will be using Imageprint for this new Epson printer series.

thanks

David

Brad Smith
    Brad Smith
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: September 7, 2020 at 7:05 pm

Kevin,

Your enthusiasm for printing in general and for this printer specifically is palpable.  Reading your article brought a smile to my face.

thank you for that

Brad

John McCormick
    John McCormick
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: September 7, 2020 at 8:50 pm

Kevin,

Thank you for you insights on the new P700 printer.  I’m waiting for the P900 to arrive.  Regarding the maintenance tank and how quickly it fills when loading inks – a review of the P700 by Keith Cooper on August 26th (http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson-sc-p700-printer-review/)  states

“I’m now told that P700 printers (in Europe at least) will ship with a spare maintenance tank. This takes a while to implement, so if you don’t have one, contact your local Epson office. For the US and other overseas markets I have no specific info. [please do let me know if you find any- KC]”

So you might want to check with your Epson source to see if they are including the spare tank in the US.

John

George Stark
    George Stark
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: September 7, 2020 at 9:13 pm

Kevin

Like many others I thank your for your lengthy insights into the P700. I believe Epson announced these printers in April and I ordered the P900 in May so it’s somewhat of a relief that the printers are starting to show up….They are real!!….

I am curious though …. You seemed to distance the P700 from your studio printers… I get it that you’re making it clear to folks that its super easy to print and that is fun to print all of our photos from our various devices but I was curious about your thoughts on the P700 as a capable device for outputting a gallery quality  fine art print as well?

Thanks Kevin…

Cheers, George

Stuart Schaefer
    Stuart Schaefer
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: September 7, 2020 at 10:19 pm

Hi Kevin,

Nice article and video on the P700. I have a P900 on order and hope it becomes available soon.  One item you mentioned was the starter ink.  That always bugs me because you spend good money for the printer but only starter set of ink comes with the P700. You stated to purchase a set of ink when buying the printer which costs an additional $380 for a full set.  Sure wish these printers would come with a full set of ink cartridges.

One question is what is the distance for wireless printing with the P700. Meaning I assume I could be in one room and the printer could be in another as long as I am on the same network?

Be safe and happy printing.

Cheers!

Stu

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #6 on: September 7, 2020 at 11:50 pm

Goerge, this printer is just as capable as its bigger brothers and sisters in making portfolio grade prints.  The only difference if the size of the paper it prints on.  I have made a ton of prints with this printer on a number of different surfaces and they are all very good.  This printer will more than satisfy anyone wanting to make top-grade prints!

Kevin Raber

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #7 on: September 7, 2020 at 11:57 pm

Stuart, I made it very clear to Epson I was pointing out the ink limitations on what is clearly marked on the cartridges as Initial Ink Cartridges.  Hopefully, marketing will get the message, don’t be so cheap with the ink on the initial purchase.  So, here’s to hoping.  We’ll see what comes with the P900 which we expect in a couple of weeks for testing.  As far as printing distance goes you’ll find it is limited by your wifi range.  If you hvae a good wifi you’ll be able to print.

I set my home up with a Mesh Wifi and I super great signals on almost all of my property.   I use an EERO System and it was super easy to install and has performed flawlessly for me.

You’ll be amazed at how easy this whole set up works.

Kevin Raber

Alessandro Bi
    Alessandro Bi
    Participant
    Reply #8 on: September 8, 2020 at 4:01 pm

Thank you for the printing articles, Kevin. You are right: it is about the prints! I am going to give it another (3rd attempt) try 🙂

Two questions:

1) Given that a lot seems to be achievable by using the Epson Layout software and letting the printer to manage color, is Colorbyte’s ImagePrint an overkill then? For what type of printing and applications using this P700 printer does it make sense to use ImagePrint, if at all?

2) Before your article, I was thinking of getting a PictureMate 400 to let my wife and boys have some fun – they all enjoy a small Instax printer btw. As you make clear that getting the print is easy on this P700, does the PM400 add anything here, or could they just print the 4×6 / 5×7 on the P700?

Thank you!
    Alessandro

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #9 on: September 8, 2020 at 6:19 pm

Answer to question 1

I’m a big proponent of IP>. I use it when I am in production mode at the Gallery and I have sworn by it for many years.  However, using the P700 with EPL and it’s many features you mught just find EPL works for you.  You can always use IP RED on the P700 too.

I have both the Picture Mate and the P700.  Yes the p700 could do the job of both, but I love having a little 4×6 printer off to the side when needed.  That has to be your call.  Right now the P700 is loaded with letter luster paper and the Picture Mate has 4×6 glossy.  I just need to select the printer that works for the images being printed.

Kevin Raber

Joe Decker
    Joe Decker
    Participant
    Reply #10 on: September 9, 2020 at 6:16 pm

Thanks Kevin, a great look at the P700.  Have a 900 on order and I am now even more excited for its arrival.

Also your enthusiasm for printing during these times really speaks to me.  I’ve been doing a daily print project “from the archives” daily with my workhorse 3880, today was the 171st print, and it’s been a wonderful practice for me in so many ways.

Thanks again for your review!  –Joe

Charles Charles
    Charles Charles
    Participant
    Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020 at 4:09 pm

“This is my main go-to paper as it has a good weight and shows just about any age really well.” Especially an age as old as mine I’d guess. Or maybe you meant to type “any image.”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.