Sony Alpha 1 A1 Article By Harvey Stearn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Sony Alpha 1 A1 Article By Harvey Stearn Read 94 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: May 28, 2021 at 6:06 pm

Harvey Stearn has shared his article on his experience with the Sony Alpha 1 camera also known as the Sony a1.  I published a story a few months back also on this amazing piece of hardware.  It’s one of the finest cameras I have ever photographed with.  Harvey’s story has lots of images and if you are a Silver or Gold member you can click on the images to see them larger.  We’ll have more on this camera at the end of June after I have a chance to shoot with it for a few weeks in the Palouse.  In the meantime, Harvey covers some excellent points on why he likes the Sony a1.

Kevin Raber
    CEO & Publisher of PhotoPXL.com and Rockhopperworkshops.com

Louis Foubare
    Louis Foubare
    Silver Member
    Re: Sony Alpha 1 A1 Article By Harvey Stearn
    Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021 at 10:22 am

Harvey

Enjoyed your article and images. It was interesting to see you are using many manual focus lenses. So it sounds like you have had no issues with the A1. Many have complained about the Eye sensor not cooperating mostly when the sun is from behind. Also some stubborn IBIS issues have surfaced where it takes 5-10 seconds to activate depending on lens. I do not remember but the issues reported seem to be when using Sony lenses.

Simon Simpson
    Simon Simpson
    Participant
    Re: Sony Alpha 1 A1 Article By Harvey Stearn
    Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021 at 2:52 pm

I’m not sure I agree with Harvey that the colour from Sony cameras is “accurate”; stunning yes, but not entirely accurate.

As the owner of a Sony camera (not one at the same elevation as the Sony A1) I am forever correcting blue skies which often seem to lack sufficient magenta to my eye. My other camera (different make) seems rather good with blue skies which I do not need to tweak.

But the images Harvey produced from the A1 were particularly impressive.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.