Physical dimensions of new Epson SC P 7570 printer?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Physical dimensions of new Epson SC P 7570 printer? Read 1871 Times
  • Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Participant
    Epson Printers
    on: December 9, 2019 at 11:19 am

Hi,

I’m hoping that Kevin, Jeff, or Mark may have access to the new Epson SC P 7570 printer for testing.  If so, could you measure the overall width of the printer?  I’ve looked at all the on-line material on the printer and don’t find the physical dimensions listed anywhere.

Also, I heard that with this new series printer the, “send to the printer dpi” will be/should be 300/600 rather than 360/720 as on the current models?

Thanks in advance . . .

Rand

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand47

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Participant
    Re: Physical dimensions of new Epson SC P 7570 printer?
    Reply #1 on: December 9, 2019 at 12:02 pm

I do know about this printer, but I don’t have one, and like you I could not find literature including the dimensions. I’ll check into this and revert if I learn anything useful.

Mark D Segal
    Author: Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop, published by LaserSoft Imaging AG
    https://www.silverfast.com/downloads/92ed080ac1ae274ea6aeed756a504f7a/en.html

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Keymaster
    Reply #2 on: December 9, 2019 at 12:10 pm

I will be happy to make some calls regarding this printer.  Meanwhile, I am attaching a PDF of the specs.  I hope you can find what you are looking for in the PDF.

Kevin Raber
    CEO & Publisher of PhotoPXL.com and Rockhopperworkshops.com

Attachments:
    Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: December 9, 2019 at 12:48 pm

Thanks guys….

Kevin, like Mark I had seen that info and didn’t see physical dimensions.  I had almost pulled the trigger on a P7000 and so am champing at the bit to get reviews of this printer and to find out whether it will fit in the space I have.  My printing biz is getting better known (word of mouth only) and I’m starting to have demand for larger prints.  But I need to know size, and other things like whether there is ABW mode that is “at least as good” as my SC P 5000, before I pull the trigger on a pre-order.

I appreciate any info you might provide.

Rand

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand47

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Keymaster
    Reply #4 on: December 9, 2019 at 7:30 pm

I’ll be speaking to someone from Epson soon. The printers aren’t released yet so it’s hard to get any real good information and begin even testing. As I know more and hear more share more.

Kevin Raber
    CEO & Publisher of PhotoPXL.com and Rockhopperworkshops.com

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: December 9, 2019 at 8:32 pm

Hi Rand,

The information you were looking for is as follows: 55.5″ x 26.3″ x 48.0″;  269 lb.

Mark D Segal
    Author: Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop, published by LaserSoft Imaging AG

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Participant
    Reply #6 on: December 9, 2019 at 9:09 pm

Mark,

Excellent!  Thanks so very much!

Rand

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand47

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Participant
    Reply #7 on: December 9, 2019 at 9:10 pm

You are welcome.

Mark D Segal

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Participant
    Reply #8 on: December 9, 2019 at 9:36 pm

Mark, et al . . .

Just in case it’s a slow night and you might have some passing interest… the P 7570 at 55.5” is 1.5” wider than the P 7000 at 54”.

But most important, it will fit in my space w/o need to modify my smallish print studio.  ?  Hurrah.

Now I anxiously await all of y our expert analysis of the printer in comparison to the P 7000.  “Seems” like it should be a logical step up from the 7000, but before I drop the big bucks…

Rand

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand47

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Participant
    Reply #9 on: December 9, 2019 at 9:51 pm

Very much as Kevin advised above, we’re at the pre-pre-testing stage – i.e. as far as I know, no arrangements really discussed yet and no firm information about when a test unit would become available for reviewers. However, as a bit of generic advice under these kind of circumstances, when we know a new model is well on the way and they’ve provided some description in the publicly available brochure about what is new and improved, it’s often a good idea, if feasible, to hold off on such a major purchase until some test data becomes available comparing the new with the current.

Mark D Segal

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Participant
    Reply #10 on: December 9, 2019 at 10:19 pm

Mark,

Exactly… so hurry up Epson, get those test units in the experts’ hands!  ?

Rand

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand47

Mike Broomfield
    Mike Broomfield
    Participant
    Reply #11 on: December 10, 2019 at 7:17 am

User Guide

Here’s a link to the user guide which also has the dimensions Mark listed. For some reason I could not get this to post before .. 3rd time try

Mike Broomfield
    Mike Broomfield
    Participant
    Reply #12 on: December 10, 2019 at 7:20 am

That worked .  Dimensions are on page 242.

I’m possibly in the market for a new 24″ printer next year so I’m looking forward to your testing Mark.

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Participant
    Reply #13 on: December 10, 2019 at 10:11 am

Mike,

Good find.  Thank you!

Rand

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand47

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Participant
    Reply #14 on: December 10, 2019 at 11:20 am

I just read through the User Guide.  On the surface, operationally, pretty much typical Epson.  LOVE the added user maintenance capability, which includes wiping the actual print head if normal nozzle cleaning doesn’t clear a clog.   Part numbers included for various expendable cleaning tools.

Rand

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand47

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.