New full version upgrade to Ps 2023 (v24)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Topic: New full version upgrade to Ps 2023 (v24) Read 501 Times
  • Jeff Schewe
    Jeff Schewe
    Gold Member
    Adobe Photoshop & Pixel Editing Applications
    on: October 21, 2022 at 4:51 pm

Folks,

This one got past me…I had updated my Photoshop 2022 version but there’s a whole upgrade version to 2023 available. Careful of the install prefs if you don’t want to get run of your existing 2022 version. It gives you the option to remove previous versions, I choose not to..YMMV!

Learn about new features and enhancements in the October 2022 release of Photoshop desktop (version 24.0).

Simon Simpson
    Simon Simpson
    Participant
    Re: New full version upgrade to Ps 2023 (v24)
    Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022 at 12:02 pm

Thanks for the heads-up Jeff.

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022 at 9:03 pm

Jeff, unless I’m missing something I believe that with the latest Creative Cloud upgrade we no longer select an option to retain the previous version of upgraded software, but beside each app there is provision to re-install the three most recent previous versions. The complication with Lightroom of course is that some updates require updating the catalog, which becomes incompatible with a previous version. I suppose this means if back-tracking somehow one would also need to backtrack the catalog.

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022 at 2:16 pm

If you wish to roll back to an older version, use the Creative Cloud application, click on the three dots (…) and select “Other Versions”.

Anytime LR updates the catalog, it automatically saves the old one too.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022 at 2:18 pm

Yes agreed, this is essentially what I was referring to (viz. “but beside each app there is provision to re-install the three most recent previous versions.”)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.