Mac OS ‘Monterey’ Print driver issues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Mac OS ‘Monterey’ Print driver issues Read 467 Times
  • Christopher Sanderson
    Christopher Sanderson
    Gold Member
    Epson Printers
    on: September 27, 2022 at 4:45 pm
    Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Mac OS ‘Monterey’ Print driver issues
    Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022 at 4:53 pm

Thanks for effectively moving this into Epson Printers Chris.

Re the last post in the other thread: I’ve known about the 8 vs 16 bit issue for quite some time and since I started using the new computer with Monterey I am printing with 8 bit. There was a time before Monterey when 16 worked as well, but no longer; however this is not the source of the current set of issues. I wish it were that simple! 🙂 As I mentioned in the other thread, when I have more information about the nature of this problem and/or its solution I shall post it. Meanwhile I am counting on Apple Computer and Epson to do the needful.

I should add: the main interest of Andrew’s post is that it does confirm that the issues relate to changes taking place in the newer M1-targeted OS updates that have code which is not fully compatible with the Epson driver 10.91 or vice versa. It’s difficult for those of us who are not printing engineers to know exactly how these algorithms are supposed to operate between printer and OS, save to know that somewhere within this chain there are compatibility issues.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Mark D Segal.
    Simon Simpson
    Simon Simpson
    Participant
    Re: Mac OS ‘Monterey’ Print driver issues
    Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022 at 9:23 am

Please see this thread

Many thanks, Chris.

Much appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.