Loading Epson Drivers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Loading Epson Drivers Read 253 Times
  • Renzo Jaya
    Renzo Jaya
    Participant
    Epson Printers
    on: November 14, 2021 at 5:16 pm

I have a Epson 3880 printer. I recently upgraded my iMac (late 2019) to Mac OS Big Sur (OS 11.6.1) to enable me to use the latest version of Photoshop and Camera Raw with advanced masking capabilities . When I tried to print, all the Epson ICC profiles for my printer had disappeared from the new files. When I went to the Epson site, they do not have the ICC Profiles for Big Sur – Mac OS 12. The last OS for which Epson has ICC profiles is 10.15.x. Can I download these profiles and use them with Big Sur and profile the prints using these profiles?

Without manually profiling each paper, is there any other way than the above.

Thanks.

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Loading Epson Drivers
    Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021 at 5:21 pm

Normally, Epson’s profiles are buried deep in driver’s file hierarchy, but all of them are there. The question I would ask, perhaps naively, is whether you have up-dated your Epson driver to the latest version for 3880/MacOS Big Sur. I would also hope that Epson is still supporting driver updates for that printer, because it is a very dated model, although still a very good printer.

Mark D Segal Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop". Please check the PhotoPXL Store for availability.

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021 at 5:38 pm

The paper profiles are OS agnostic. There are no profiles for Big Sur etc.
    Reinstall the correct print driver only from Epson, it will install a number of profiles in that process.
    My 3880 is printing fine on Monterey (12.0.1) as it did under Big Sur, a print driver exists and is supported.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Renzo Jaya
    Renzo Jaya
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021 at 5:48 pm

Mark and Andrew:

Your suggestions worked. I went to the Epson site and found the following and followed the instructions and success! Andrew good to know my trusty 3880 (circa 2012) will work with Monterey. Thanks and good wishes.

RJ.

• The Apple AirPrint driver may have been configured as your default printer driver. To use the Epson software again, delete your printer’s print queue on your Mac, and then reinstall the Epson software. Do the following:
      1. Select the menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
      2. Select your printer, then click to remove the printer queue.
      3. Go to the Epson Support page and search for your product.
      4. Select macOS 11 in the Operating System drop-down box, if necessary.
      5. Do one of the following:
        • Download and install the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package for your product.
        • If a Drivers and Utilities Combo Package is not available for your product, download and install the software in the Recommended For You section.

If you cannot use the Epson software after following the steps above, contact Epson Support.

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021 at 5:52 pm

Good glad it’s fixed. I thought all you needed was a driver update. And good you found your way around the AirPrint business – that can be such a hang-up. You now have the Series driver which is what you always want when printing directly from a computer wired to the printer.

Mark D Segal Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop". Please check the PhotoPXL Store for availability.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.