COVID-19 Hits Home

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Topic: COVID-19 Hits Home Read 24068 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: April 19, 2020 at 10:10 pm

It’s been a very sad few days at the Raber household.  Yesterday my father-in-law, Jack Fadely passed away.  Yet another victim of COVID-19.  I share some of my thought and feelings about my second dad, Jack Fadely. You can read it HERE.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: COVID-19 Hits Home
    Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020 at 11:01 pm

Hello Kevin,

Thank you so much for communicating these very personal thoughts to the PhotoPXL community. It is a fitting tribute to Jack, your relationship with him, his importance to your life and all he stood for in the community. It is very touching and it brings far too close to home the fact that behind all those statistics there are real people whose lives were so meaningful to so many others. It is through telling the personal and the touching side of this pandemic, in case it needs reminding, how we understand that human life is more important than the fluctuating values of 401K plans and the outcome of the next election. Those who make public policy influencing life and death need to pay heed and those of us who are fortunate to be amongst the living must abide by your advice to be careful in order to stay well. We understand the anxiety you both are going through, we hope you have both been spared this illness and we wish both of you good health and strength going forward.

All the best,

Mark

Mark D Segal Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop". Please check the PhotoPXL Store for availability.

Jeff Schewe
    Jeff Schewe
    Gold Member
    Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020 at 12:31 am

Sorry for your loss…hope you guys can weather the storm….

Heiko Hamann
    Heiko Hamann
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020 at 2:58 am

My warmest condolences. I understand your grief well and wish you and Debra solace and the memory of the happy times with Jack. I hope we can find a way out of this subspace rift soon. And that we learn the lessons that will help us deal with such crises in the future.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by Heiko Hamann.
    Tommy Weir
    Tommy Weir
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020 at 8:36 am

Sorry for your loss, Kevin and Debra, he sounds like a fine man.

And your sentiments Kevin are entirely on point.  The world will get through this if we work together.  I’ve four extended family members so far with covid-19 and thankfully all are weathering it, but friends have lost parents, its devastating, the sense of being taken too early.

Paulo Bizarro
    Paulo Bizarro
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020 at 9:58 am

So sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately, old people in caring homes are amongst the highest number of casualties in several countries, including mine, Portugal. In many cases, the virus was introduced in the homes via the staff, who were either asymptomatic, or not tested.

Wish you stay safe with the family.

Jim Kasson
    Jim Kasson
    Silver Member
    Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020 at 10:16 am

What an eloquent tribute. So sorry to hear about this.

Jim

Mark Kinsman
    Mark Kinsman
    Participant
    Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020 at 11:23 am

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Debra during this challenging time. Thanks for sharing this with us. I sincerely hope everyone that reads this takes note and extra caution until a solution is found. Stay safe and keep us posted on all of your family’s health during this pandemic.

Dave Chew
    Dave Chew
    Silver Member
    Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020 at 7:03 pm

Kevin & Debra,

Our hearts and prayers go out to you both. May you find comfort in knowing how many people are thinking of you. Stay safe and be healthy.

Dave

How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains! - John Muir
    https://www.davechewphotography.com
    Find legacy Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Digitar lens data here: https://www.davechewphotography.com/skdata/

Jeff Vadasz
    Jeff Vadasz
    Participant
    Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020 at 7:42 pm

So sorry for you and Debra.  A very nice tribute.

Stay safe…

–Jeff

Will Lee
    Will Lee
    Participant
    Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020 at 7:53 pm

Kevin, I’m so sorry for your and Debra’s loss.  Your article was a wonderful tribute to your father in law and your amazing relationship with him.  You were very lucky to have him in your life.  I hope the pain eases soon and you can focus on the good memories.  Best, Will Lee

Jean-Michel Komarnicki
    Jean-Michel Komarnicki
    Participant
    Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020 at 8:35 pm

Kevin and Debra,

Please accept my sincere sympathies. Your loss is surely almost unbearable and I feel for you. Your words show that there was, is, much love in your family and that will sustain you in the days and years ahead.

Wishing you all the best,

Jean-Michel Komarnicki

Jean-Michel

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.