red house

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Topic: red house Read 565 Times
  • Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Landscape & Nature Photography
    on: January 10, 2021 at 3:43 pm

Thoughts?

pxl-1

Jeremy

Christopher Sanderson
    Christopher Sanderson
    Gold Member
    Re: red house
    Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021 at 4:27 pm

To my eye, it would be stronger if the extreme left building, most of the view between the buildings and the extreme right building were omitted.

Paul Sokal
    Paul Sokal
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021 at 6:22 pm

I think the subject of the picture is the bridge compressed against the wall with Moorish windows. As is there is a lot of clutter and extraneous stuff as Chris said. I tried a couple of crops, neither of which I’m real happy with so I might abandon this shot, if it were mine.

crop1
    crop2

Daniel Koretz
    Daniel Koretz
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021 at 11:30 am

I agree with the others. The biggest problem is the white building creating an edge on the right. I’d play with crops, but I’m afraid this may be a problem of an unfortunate choice of vantage point.

Renzo Jaya
    Renzo Jaya
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021 at 4:32 pm

Mr. Roussak – could you share with us about the merits of the location that attracted you to taking this image? I could learn by that – this image would not be compelling to me; I find many of your images are compelling so this seems an exception.

Mike Nelson Pedde
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021 at 10:50 pm

My first thoughts were the same… lose the alley on the left or keep more of the bridge? The wall on the right with the security camera doesn’t need to be there. Sometimes you get what you can get…

Mike.

_____
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Victoria, BC
    https://www.wolfnowl.com/

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021 at 8:08 am

Mr. Roussak – could you share with us about the merits of the location that attracted you to taking this image? I could learn by that – this image would not be compelling to me; I find many of your images are compelling so this seems an exception.

“Jeremy” is fine!

I was wandering around Venice and saw it. I liked the colours of the house – the green shutters and the red walls – and the bridge. In retrospect, I should have moved further to my left: as far as I recall, there was plenty of space.

Live and learn.

Jeremy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.