Night Mode in the Forum

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Night Mode in the Forum Read 283 Times
  • Fred Carter
    Fred Carter
    Gold Member
    About This Site
    on: November 2, 2021 at 6:19 pm

I tend to run in Night Mode.  Occasionally, I’ll see posts which appear to have a black (or close) font color on the charcoal background of the Night Mode.  These, shall we say, tend to be difficult to read :-).  The usual means of reading on other sides (select the text) doesn’t make things better — the only way to read them is to turn off Night Mode.

I don’t know if some folks have selected a fond & color or something or what.  If there’s a way the forum software can fix things up (I don’t know — look out for dark colored fonts or something), that would be good.  There’s a workaround so not at all critical, but it would improve the experience of us dark/night mode-ers.

An example with this phenomenon is here.

(The example to which I linked is an older post (2019), so maybe that’s the cause.  I didn’t notice the date on other examples).

Another, more recent, example can be found in this comment.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Fred Carter.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Fred Carter.
    Christopher Sanderson
    Christopher Sanderson
    Gold Member
    Re: Night Mode in the Forum
    Reply #1 on: November 3, 2021 at 10:24 am

Many thanks for pointing this out Fred. I have edited those posts and left an EDIT line at the foot of the first as an example of the problem. Should you find others, please drop me a note and I will fix. (I ran afoul of this WP ‘feature’ too!)

The issue is caused by html formatting that has been brought into the post by the use of copy & paste from an outside application or web page.
    Word Press is finicky about formatting which should only be done from within the style box when posting. Copy & Paste from an exterior source generally causes formatting issues. In this case, the Night mode is overruled by the formatting making the text invisible.

Fred Carter
    Fred Carter
    Gold Member
    Re: Night Mode in the Forum
    Reply #2 on: November 4, 2021 at 7:32 pm

Thanks for the update — that makes sense.  The so-called smart copy-n-paste strikes again.  I’ll keep an eye out and let you know if I see anything.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.