New Canson Photographique Matte II Paper Review

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Topic: New Canson Photographique Matte II Paper Review Read 597 Times
  • Alan Goldhammer
    Alan Goldhammer
    Silver Member
    Papers & Media
    on: August 10, 2021 at 11:35 am

Thanks to Mark Segal for another fine paper review.  I have one minor point to note that matte papers are by definition glare free and viewing angles don’t have an impact the same way that gloss papers do.  This has certainly been my experience in printing on over a dozen matte papers from various manufacturers.  I am agnostic about whether a paper is alpha-cellulose or cotton rag as both types of papers can be manufactured to archival standards with respect to impurities (mainly lignin) that can pose problems down the road with respect to color stability.

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: New Canson Photographique Matte II Paper Review
    Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021 at 11:44 am

Thanks Alan – yes true, matte papers are generically glare free, so I could have been more precise in stating what I meant – depending on the paper and the angle of view, texture and the way light reflects off of them can interfere with a clear view of the image; that is not the case with this paper. I share your agnosticism about the whether the substrate is cotton or alpha-cellulose. More important is what they contain, how they are manufactured and the quality control that goes into them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.