Monterey 12.6 Security Update May Break Printing Colour Management

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Monterey 12.6 Security Update May Break Printing Colour Management Read 377 Times
  • Simon Simpson
    Simon Simpson
    Participant
    Canon Printers
    on: September 23, 2022 at 3:36 pm

I’m reposting this since the thread appears to have been deleted.  Emails to the moderators have not yet been respond to.

I am sorry but Mark Segal’s replies to my post have also gone missing but issues with Epson printers seem not to have been resolved.

After updating to Mac OSX Monterey 12.6 my Canon PRO-1000 stopped printing correctly with colour management from both Lightroom and Photoshop (the printer does NOT manage colour).  After going through nearly a box of A4 paper I diagnosed that this is particular to the PRO-1000 (my other Canon printer wasn’t affected but then it uses Apple’s AirPrint).  A search of the Canon website revealed that they had secretly updated the printer driver, technical support having told me in person in June that the old printer driver would work fine with Monterey (which it did until the 12.6 update).

Long story short, the old driver was either not accessing the profile/s correctly or was printing with an Absolute Intent.  It was not colour managing.  Updating the driver fixed the problem.

It may be that other printers are similarly affected and you may need to update your printer driver after this update.

UPDATE:

It appears that Epson printers are being afflicted with the ‘Filter Fail’ and communication errors.

Christopher Sanderson
    Christopher Sanderson
    Gold Member
    Re: Monterey 12.6 Security Update May Break Printing Colour Management
    Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022 at 5:18 pm

Hi Simon, All the posts for your thread are visible here.

Rather than having four separate threads, I consolidated to just one in the Printing Colour Management forum.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.