Missing Profiles Big Sur 11.6.2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Missing Profiles Big Sur 11.6.2 Read 646 Times
  • Garry Stasiuk
    Garry Stasiuk
    Participant
    Printing Colour Management
    on: December 26, 2021 at 8:32 pm

I can no longer access paper profiles for my Epson ET 8550 printer in Adobe’s Lightroom Mac V11.1

Example profiles are:

EPSON ET-8550 L8180 Series Premium Luster.icc

and

RR Arctic Polar Luster Ep ET-8550-sa.icc

Using Big Sur 11.6.1 Red River Profiles located in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles and Epson software embedded profiles (/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/EP2006PM1.profiles/Contents/Resources/EPSON ET-8550 L8180 Series Ultra Glossy.icc) were accessible to Lightroom.

Using Epson Print Layout V1.1.5, I can only use the embedded Epson Paper Profiles for the ET 8550, 3rd party icc profiles are NOT available in the print layout. Is there a way to add 3rd party profiles to Epson Print layout?

After installing Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.2 All paper ICC profiles, Epson and RR, have vanished from Lightroom.

Searching Apple’s web site I found this announcement:

> ColorSync

>

> Available for: macOS Big Sur

>

> Impact: Processing a maliciously crafted image may lead to arbitrary code execution

>

> Description: A memory corruption issue in the processing of ICC profiles was addressed with improved input validation.

>

> CVE-2021-30942: Mateusz Jurczyk of Google Project Zero

In the Lightroom Forum it was indicated that the missing profile problem does not exist with Mac OS Monterey! My Mac is too old (Late 2014 Model) for the Monterey up grade.

That’s why I’m looking for a solution using Big Sur as I’m waiting for the next generation M2 processor to show up in an iMac this summer.

By the way the Qimage Q1 print utility does not see the RED River profiles or the embedded Epson profiles at all!

What’s the solution?

Thanks!

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Re: Missing Profiles Big Sur 11.6.2
    Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021 at 8:35 pm

The ‘fix’ is to find the location of the package where Epson installed them.Then use the Contextual Menu “Show Folder Contents”. Move (or copy) to the correct location on your Mac. Quit Lightroom Classic and Photoshop, they should now show up. The path for my P800 and 3880 is:

/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/**EP1408OL2.profiles/Contents/Resources

** this name may vary, depending on the Epson you have. For my 3880, the name is Pro3880.profiles

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Andrew Rodney.
    Garry Stasiuk
    Garry Stasiuk
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021 at 8:52 pm

Thanks for replying

Tried that, didn’t work.

Still stuck

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022 at 1:18 pm

The issue is a bug in 11.6.2 and 11.6.3 and all you can do is either downgrade or upgrade to 12.x where the bug has been fixed.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Garry Stasiuk
    Garry Stasiuk
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022 at 8:35 pm

Big Sur 11.6.5 Fixes ColorSync Profile Issues!

Print workflow Lightroom CC (11.2) can now do Softproofing and applying any paper Profiles!

Finally!

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022 at 8:43 pm

There is also a problem with LR not picking-up profiles in the Print Module when working in OS High Sierra. The “remedy” is to select the wanted profile from the drop-down list as usual. It will not show-up in the LR dialog where it should, so shut LR and re-open it, and lo and behold the selected profile appears. This is now a dated OS and corresponding LR version which people who don’t have metal-enabled graphics adapters cannot move beyond, but Adobe probably thinks it’s not worth fixing for whatever number of those people remain. I shall be one less of those once my new Mac Studio arrives and is installed.

Mark D Segal Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop". Please check the PhotoPXL Store for availability.

Garry Stasiuk
    Garry Stasiuk
    Participant
    Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022 at 4:34 am

Howdy

Thanks for your information… I too will be moving to a new Mac Studio, probably sometime this summer.  I have a couple of projects I need to finish first.

It was however quite a relief to discover that Big Sur 11.6.5 ColorSync Fix let me return to Lightroom’s print flow.

Garry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.