How much ink left at “low ink warning”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Topic: How much ink left at “low ink warning” Read 409 Times
  • John Doddato
    John Doddato
    Participant
    Epson Printers
    on: June 1, 2023 at 4:42 pm

I recently upgraded from my Epson 3880 to the Surecolor P900. I have always wondered how much printing can be done when the low ink warning comes on the printer dialog screen with this printer. With my 3880 I use to keep printing until the printer stopped because of an empty ink cartridge and simple load new cartridge and finish the print. I never saw any issues with the print when doing this. I am wondering does anyone else print with low ink warning as I have, or knows a way to determine how much ink is still available when the warning indicator comes on. Thanks John

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: How much ink left at “low ink warning”
    Reply #1 on: June 1, 2023 at 4:45 pm

Use the cartridge until the printer says it is empty and needs to be replaced. There is no way to know in advance how many more prints you can make with a cartridge in warning status, but from my experience it is usually many.

John Doddato
    John Doddato
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: June 1, 2023 at 4:51 pm

Thanks Mark,
    I appreciate the information. It is helpful as I get familiar with this new printer. John

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #3 on: June 1, 2023 at 4:53 pm

You are welcome. Enjoy. You may find my SC-P900 review article on this website useful.

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: June 1, 2023 at 5:38 pm

The warning is simply to let you know: time to have more ink on hand. Print until it stops. Even mid print. There are still inks in the lines (which vary in length by the printer). Pop in a new cartridge when it stops, it will take up where it left off and finish.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

John Doddato
    John Doddato
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: June 1, 2023 at 7:14 pm

Thanks Andrew I was hoping that was the case.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.