Epson P800: papers with strong longevity?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Epson P800: papers with strong longevity? Read 508 Times
  • Jim Newberry
    Jim Newberry
    Participant
    Epson Printers
    on: January 21, 2023 at 11:21 pm

I have an Epson P800, and am preparing to make some prints for an exhibition, and hopefully sell some. I’m wondering about the longevity of the prints I make.

I like the Epson Signature papers, particularly hot press bright and exhibition fiber. Also, I love Moab juniper baryta, though it’s pricy. Also have been trying some Red River papers which are decent and more affordable.

Any links to forum posts or articles here about how long prints should last with the Epson P800 inks (not third party) and any of the above papers?

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Epson P800: papers with strong longevity?
    Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023 at 1:17 am

Please check the websites of Wilhelm Research and Aardenburg Imaging.

Jim Newberry
    Jim Newberry
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023 at 7:28 pm

Aardenburg Imaging

Will check those out, thanks!

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023 at 9:39 pm

Henry Wilhelm is the master of these tests.  He visited me about a month ago.  What a fun visit.  he’s running around with his color matter taking readings everywhere we go.

I think you’ll find the Epson LKegacy line of papers to have great archival abilities.  I really like their Legacy Fiber.  That’s what I am using for my display prints now, without glass.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023 at 10:38 pm

Henry Wilhelm is the master of these tests.  He visited me about a month ago.  What a fun visit.  he’s running around with his color matter taking readings everywhere we go.

I think you’ll find the Epson LKegacy line of papers to have great archival abilities.  I really like their Legacy Fiber.  That’s what I am using for my display prints now, without glass.

Mark McCormick-Goodhart (Aardenburg) is also a serious professional in this domain; well worth visiting his site, signing-up to it and perusing its very rich offerings. https://www.aardenburg-imaging.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.