Epson Legacy papers icc profiles

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Epson Legacy papers icc profiles Read 2278 Times
  • Bob Fields
    Bob Fields
    Participant
    Epson Printers
    on: December 20, 2021 at 4:50 pm

I am in the process of transitioning from my 2015 iMac running Mojave 10.14.6 to a new MacBook Pro (M1) running Monterey 12.1. with an Eizo monitor.  Everything seems to be working fine with Photoshop and Lightroom and my Epson P-800 driver (10.85) seem to be stable.  However when I attempted to download Epson icc printer profiles for Legacy Platine, Exhibition Fiber, and Metallic Photo Paper Lustre, etc. etc. they are nowhere to be found on the Epson website under the P-800 “Support” for OS12.  In fact there are only three profiles now listed for OS10.14, with no supporting documentation, Legacy Baryta, Legacy Textured Profile and a “disk image” which claims to contain Legacy icc profiles, whatever that is. I need icc profiles in my Library>ColorSync folder to color manage from the application (Photoshop or Lightroom). What gives? Does Epson no longer provide .icc color profiles and detailed printer settings?

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Re: Epson Legacy papers icc profiles
    Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021 at 4:53 pm

ICC profiles are OS agnostic. If you see the profiles you want, just download and install them in the proper location with the others. It doesn’t matter what OS on the Epson site you select.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Bob Fields
    Bob Fields
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021 at 4:59 pm

Thanks, I figured that might be the case and I can just copy and paste the profiles from my iMac to my MacBook. But, has Epson stopped providing profiles on their website? Curious.

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021 at 5:13 pm

Most of the Epson profiles get installed by the print driver, those that do not are usually found on their site (note I’m referring to Epson USA, YMMV). If you see a profile anywhere on the site you want, then they provide them <G> and you can download them and use them no matter the OS.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021 at 6:18 pm

I am in the process of transitioning from my 2015 iMac running Mojave 10.14.6 to a new MacBook Pro (M1) running Monterey 12.1. with an Eizo monitor.  Everything seems to be working fine with Photoshop and Lightroom and my Epson P-800 driver (10.85) seem to be stable.  However when I attempted to download Epson icc printer profiles for Legacy Platine, Exhibition Fiber, and Metallic Photo Paper Lustre, etc. etc. they are nowhere to be found on the Epson website under the P-800 “Support” for OS12.  In fact there are only three profiles now listed for OS10.14, with no supporting documentation, Legacy Baryta, Legacy Textured Profile and a “disk image” which claims to contain Legacy icc profiles, whatever that is. I need icc profiles in my Library>ColorSync folder to color manage from the application (Photoshop or Lightroom). What gives? Does Epson no longer provide .icc color profiles and detailed printer settings?

Actually you should not need to have them in the Profiles folder if they are Epson’s profiles because they come packed with the driver as Andrew mentioned, and normally both Lightroom and Photoshop finds them when you pull up their Print menus and from there click into, for example in Lightroom, Color Management>Profile>Other. If you don’t find them there I would recommend deleting and re-installing the Epson driver with the latest version and looking again. If you still don’t have them, download an application called Pacifist and open the driver DMG folder with it and enter the search term “profiles”. Pacifist will find where they are in the driver package (buried deep), from where you can copy them all and paste them into your Library>Colorsync>Profiles folder from which they will be for sure accessible.

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021 at 6:43 pm

FYI, please see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/latest-lightroom-update-12-2021/td-p/12605287

This isn’t the first report of this issue. I’ve checked and indeed, this seems a bug in both Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. Epson ICC profiles are missing from both due to their locations in a package. In the past, both Adobe applications did detect these profiles but no longer. I think this may be a 12.X issue.

The ‘fix’ is to find the location of the package. Then use the Contextual Menu “Show Folder Contents”. Move (or copy) to the correct location on your Mac. Quit Lightroom Classic and Photoshop, they should now show up. The path for my P800 and 3880 is:
    /Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/**EP1408OL2.profiles/Contents/Resources

** this name may vary, depending on the Epson you have. For my 3880, the name is Pro3880.profiles

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021 at 7:06 pm

OK, that’s useful clarification Andrew. I wouldn’t have known the problem is OSX version related, as I am still on High Sierra due to the age of my computer. I’m anxiously awaiting for the new MacPro and will upgrade then, but perhaps I need to be careful what I wish for. In this case however, would you agree that as long as we can find these profiles in the Epson driver we can copy them to our Profiles folder and they should be “found” in the applications that way?

Bob Fields
    Bob Fields
    Participant
    Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021 at 12:53 pm

Thanks, gentlemen for the help. And Mark, thank you for recommending “Pacifist” application.  Problem solved. icc profiles found in P-800 driver installation package. Successfully moved to Library>ColorSync>Profiles and they now appear in Lightroom “Print” module. Happy Holidays. And thanks again.

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021 at 1:26 pm

You are welcome Bob; have a safe and happy holiday season.

Mark

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Reply #9 on: December 21, 2021 at 1:46 pm

Yes Mark, until the bug is fixed, simply finding the location of the package, opening it and copying (probably better, moving) the profiles with the others fixes this issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.