Home > Topics > Site and Board Matters > About This Site > Creating links in posts
Creating links in posts
AuthorTopic: Creating links in posts Read 482 Times
Gold MemberPosts: 309About This Siteon: September 7, 2021 at 3:30 pm
As of April, 2023, this has been updated. Please see the Update post below
– create the text that you want to contain the URL
– select it
– with that text now highlighted, click on the little chain icon in the Visual tool bar above
– paste or type the URL into the dialog
– click the Return icon or hit return on your keyboard
– that’s it….
Just remember that the link will fail if you simply try to paste a copied url into the regular Create Topic/Reply dialog. For reasons best known to WordPress, you are required to create a URL through the use of the link (chain) icon.
- This topic was modified 1 month ago by Christopher Sanderson.
Silver MemberPosts: 2214Re: Creating links in postsReply #1 on: September 7, 2021 at 4:07 pm
Thanks, Chris. Next time I’ll do it.
Gold MemberPosts: 309Re: Creating links in postsReply #2 on: May 4, 2023 at 4:24 pm
URLs may now be simply pasted into the post’s text. They must still refer to secure servers, https and not http.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Christopher Sanderson.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.