Breathing Color Belgian Linen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Breathing Color Belgian Linen Read 877 Times
  • Alan Goldhammer
    Alan Goldhammer
    Silver Member
    Papers & Media
    on: September 5, 2019 at 8:08 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the in depth review of this new media (I can’t wait until we have a hemp offering).  The properties look quite interesting and your approach to profile both coated and uncoated canvas has to be considered for optimal image quality.  Lots of good points to ponder.  I really do wonder why they are offering the Natural Linen.  The gamut is so small that I cannot see what kind of images would work here.  Why pay money for such a substrate?

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Breathing Color Belgian Linen
    Reply #1 on: September 5, 2019 at 8:54 am

Hi Alan,

Glad you found the review useful. I think the idea of the natural linen product is an interesting and unusual one, but as I mentioned in the article, it would be more useful if there were a way of expanding its gamut volume. I suggested – in general – the kinds of image characteristics that may work best with this medium, but all that said, it boils down to quite a special set. For the others, the risk is that the media overwhelms the image. So the big question for Breathing Color, of course, is whether there will be enough people with enough candidate photos and who like the look and feel of it to buy the product. I presume as business people they’ve done their homework on this, but time will tell.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.