Wine Country filter system

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Wine Country filter system Read 1700 Times
  • Greg Scott
    Greg Scott
    Participant
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: January 8, 2020 at 7:44 pm

I have been using the Wine Country filter system for a couple of years.  I especially like the way they have designed the polarizing filters.  The filter holders do a good job protecting filter surfaces.  I used a different system for many years but seemed to break a good many glass polarizing filters.  The Wine Country system has eliminated that issue for me.  I do agree with Kevin about the brass knob that locks the system on the step up ring.  A second brass fitting would be one solution.  Another would be a ridge on the step up ring to prevent the system from slipping off if it becomes a little loose.  This has happened to me a couple of time but so far, no damage to any filters.

On the road less traveled....

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Silver Member
    Re: Wine Country filter system
    Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020 at 10:31 am

I very much enjoyed the video interview with Rod Clark.  It’s obvious that he’s passionate about excellence.   A lot of thought went into the design of the system.  I’ve been using the WCC system for a couple of years now and very much appreciate the work flow it promotes.  The spring loaded lock buttons for the grad filters is a game changer in ease of use and precision of adjustment.  The ability to easily drop in and remove the square ND’s, w/ the nice little handle on the vault is really cool, too.  The filter vaults are a great solution to multiple problems with other systems I had used in the past.

I echo Greg’s comment on the holder’s locking screw.  One needs to be careful in this regard to make sure the holder is fully seated and securely attached.

Kevin,  thanks for doing these kinds of “maker videos.”  It is very interesting to get inside the head of people like Rod, and others, re the thinking behind the design of the equipment options we have.

Rand

Rand Scott Adams Rand47

Brad Smith
    Brad Smith
    Participant
    Re: Wine Country filter system
    Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020 at 1:45 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed this video because of Rod’s clarity – both of thought and communication ability.  He is a very impressive guy as a communicator.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.