What do cataracts look like? Here’s one view.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: What do cataracts look like? Here’s one view. Read 410 Times
  • Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Silver Member
    Printing Colour Management
    on: July 5, 2021 at 1:43 pm

I had cataract surgery on my left eye last Thursday.  The right eye is scheduled for this Thursday.  I was shocked at how much color contamination I’ve been living with.

I took a printer test file into photoshop and did a open/close good eye / bad eye comparison, added a layer and replicated the contamination.  After this Thursday I’d not be able to do this.

Here’s the side by side:

Rand

Rand Scott Adams Rand47

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: What do cataracts look like? Here’s one view.
    Reply #1 on: July 5, 2021 at 2:28 pm

Hi Rand,

Clever comparison and congrats on the successful surgery. It’s fair to say “life will look different” (and better) hereafter!

Mark

PS. This sentence is a copy-paste from TEXT-EDIT to this post. It works fine.  This sentence is a copy-paste from MSWord. It also works fine. As long as you work in the “Visual” tab, not the “Text” tab, copy/paste seems to be OK here.

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Silver Member
    Re: What do cataracts look like? Here’s one view.
    Reply #2 on: July 5, 2021 at 2:32 pm

Mark,

Thanks for the comments, and straightening me out on the proper way to paste.  Not sure why I didn’t “get that” from Chris’s post. Doh!

Good thing I use L a b to color balance….  at least as a starting point with neutrals!  I’ll see if I can edit my chagrin out of my original post, since it was “dumb me” and not the site!

Great… I was able to remove my critical comments on cut/paste!

Mark, one of the things I said to my wife was that the “world looks more cheerful” and indeed it does!

Rand

Rand Scott Adams Rand47

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.