Webinar Today Cancelled Due to The Violence In The Capital

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Webinar Today Cancelled Due to The Violence In The Capital Read 789 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: January 6, 2021 at 4:58 pm

Todays webinar is cancelled today due to what is happening in our Capital.  It’s truly a disturbing day in America.  we will reschedule.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Webinar Today Cancelled Due to The Violence In The Capital
    Reply #1 on: January 6, 2021 at 5:24 pm

I was on the outskirts of Toronto photographing a new piece of mural art painted on the wall of an overpass spanning the Humber River, so it was a longish drive there and back, during which I was listening to the reporting of the mayhem on my Sirius Radio app through Apple Car Play, tuned in to MSNBC. I know this is not supposed to be a political website and it’s not my country, but I feel compelled to say, frankly, I’m astounded that those demonstrators were not dispersed hours after it got out of control and that the chief perpetrator of this demonstration has not yet been charged with treason and arrested. Democracy is too important to preserve over any individual disruptors no matter who they are. I think you did the right thing. It is a time for sober reflection, and a time for hope that the authorities will end this rubbish and the country can get on with a peaceful transition to sanity.

Mike Nelson Pedde
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: January 6, 2021 at 6:06 pm

In 11 years Marcia and I have shared hugs with people from (at least) 88 countries, both visitors to our fair town and locals. We had to suspend things in March, but for anyone who wants one…

20200301_142036

_____
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Victoria, BC
    https://www.wolfnowl.com/

Rick Popham
    Rick Popham
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: January 6, 2021 at 7:17 pm

I completely understand your sadness because I feel the same way.  God help us.

Tommy Weir
    Tommy Weir
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: January 7, 2021 at 7:05 am

Devastating to watch.   Appalled at many aspects but particularly at the 6 senators and over 100 representatives who aligned themselves with it and the president who led it.  I have Republican family and friends who feel the same I know, this is across the lines.  Meanwhile the planet burns and the virus rages.   So much to do.

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #5 on: January 7, 2021 at 9:44 am

Thanks, everyone, for understanding.  It was a strange day that I would not have imagined in my worst dreams would happen. This is a great country.  My boys have served, Debra’s son has served, and her daughter works with vets.  One of my sons still serves.  He couldn’t believe what he saw.  In the end, I was proud that Congress and the senate got right back to work. Pence finally showed some backbone.  The job got done.  There are resignations from Trump’s team coming in very fast.  Talk of a lot more.  Trump has finally admitted he lost and will help with the transfer of power.  And, it’s a quiet day without his Twitter and Facebook.

I believe what we have as America is still there, and when needed, the right thing is done and shines through.  All those protesters yesterday deserve jail time, and it won’t be hard to track them down.  Hopefully, on Jan 20th, we can hit the big reset button and get back to doing business as it should be.  Meanwhile, there is talk of pushing for the 25th amendment.  As Trump must also [ay.

No matter what, I still love this country.  It has allowed me to achieve things that I couldn’t have elsewhere.  I am proud of my sons and all those that serve our country.  They aren’t losers as their commander, and chief called them.  A big thanks to the senate and congress for doing what had to be done and got it done.

Thank all of you too.  I am grateful you are part of the PXL community.  Now, let’s get back to photography.

I’ll make a post today with a new date for our Polar Region Photography webinar.  Lots of other things in the works too.

Stay safe.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.