Vermilion Cliffs, Utah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Vermilion Cliffs, Utah Read 644 Times
  • Hugh Sakols
    Hugh Sakols
    Silver Member
    Landscape & Nature Photography
    on: February 14, 2021 at 11:29 am

Back in 2007, I had the opportunity to spend a week at the Wave while a friend did his graduate fieldwork in geology.  I made this photograph using a Bronica SQa and Ektachrome VS.   I look forward to returning to this area.

Paul Sokal
    Paul Sokal
    Silver Member
    Re: Vermilion Cliffs, Utah
    Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021 at 12:34 pm

Funny, last night I was watching the Park Service video about traveling to the Vermillion monument as we’ll be in Flagstaff next month, and they highlighted so many ways you’ll probably die if you’re foolish enough to enter, I decided I’m probably not brave enough to try it. Beautiful photo.

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021 at 1:32 pm

Lovely shot, Hugh.

Paul, I looked at those videos a few years ago and thought, what the hell, I’ll prepare and it’ll be worth it. Then I tried several times to get tickets in the lottery for some time in the two weeks I was going to spend in the US, and failed. My wife said she was glad. One day, though…

Jeremy

Chris Calohan
    Chris Calohan
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021 at 1:49 pm

I am going to spend the month of May in Utah/AZ and CO and eventually make my way to Zabriskie Point in Death Valley before heading back to Florida…lots of night shooting (MW, etc) shooting my MSM for the first time and as much landscape as I can get in. I think it’s easier to win the lotto than to win the Wave lottery.

Hugh Sakols
    Hugh Sakols
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021 at 1:23 pm

Chris,

We went in late December and camped out for a week.  There are other spectacular areas close by that do not require a permit that is just as amazing.  While we were out there this poor guy appears at our fire a bit cold and disoriented.  We gave him some warm food and drove him back to his campsite.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.