Using Moab Entrada paper ??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Using Moab Entrada paper ?? Read 531 Times
  • John Donlan
    John Donlan
    Participant
    Epson Printers
    on: April 17, 2021 at 6:51 pm

Have been looking at Moab Entrada paper which is a beautiful paper. However, upon looking at the Moab web page seems the paper is recomended for Dye ink. Is there any downside to using this paper on Epson pigment ink printers (p900/3880).

Greyscale

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Using Moab Entrada paper ??
    Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021 at 7:38 pm

None that I know of. Being a matte paper you would use MK for Black. The Moab website I read just a second ago says:

“It is compatible with both dye and pigment inks ensuring that when used with archival inks, your prints will last for generations.”

Mark D Segal Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop". Please check the PhotoPXL Store for availability.

Eric Brody
    Eric Brody
    Participant
    Re: Using Moab Entrada paper ??
    Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021 at 11:43 am

I’ve been using Entrada Natural as my main matte paper for many years on both Epson 3800 and 3880 printers. I use the Moab profile and print with both the Epson driver for color and the QTR driver for black and white. It is true that the blacks do not measure quite as deep as glossy papers but one sees that really only with side by side prints. I occasionally use glossy papers, Canson Baryta and Platine are my favorites but there’s something special about a lovely print on matte paper… and there’s a lot less reflection when viewed off center.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.