Text layers come pre inscribed with a nonsense Latin phrase

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Text layers come pre inscribed with a nonsense Latin phrase Read 245 Times
  • Tony Siciliano
    Tony Siciliano
    Participant
    Adobe Photoshop & Pixel Editing Applications
    on: May 12, 2023 at 1:57 pm

My computer is haunted by a Latin ghost. When I create a text Layer, it always comes pre-inscribed with a nonsense Latin phrase that I have to delete. It has been doing this for many years with all Mac and Photoshop versions. Until recently I rarely created text, so I just ignored it. But now I am using text more frequently and it is no longer oddly funny but just annoying. Anybody else have this problem? And know how to get rid of it? I’m not making this up!
    For you Latin students, here is the phrase
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Quis ipsum suspendisse ultrices gravida. Risus commodo viverra maecenas accumsan lacus vel facilisis.

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Re: Text layers come pre inscribed with a nonsense Latin phrase
    Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023 at 2:35 pm

I’m not sure if you’re joking or not, but this IS by design/default. It is a preview of the font, size, color etc. Start typing the text you want, it goes away.
    It’s placeholder text (lorem ipsum).
    If you want to turn it off, go to Edit > Preferences > Type… and uncheck Fill new type layers with placeholder text.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Tony Siciliano
    Tony Siciliano
    Participant
    Re: Text layers come pre inscribed with a nonsense Latin phrase
    Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023 at 2:51 pm

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.