Tethered Capture with Fuji GFX-50S

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Tethered Capture with Fuji GFX-50S Read 1471 Times
  • Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Capture One
    on: July 7, 2019 at 2:33 pm

I have been searching far and wide to learn whether the combination of Fuji GFX-50S and Capture One are capable of live-view tethered capture within which the Capture One Focus Meter in the Live View window will work as one manually adjusts focus. I have found nothing that specifically answers this question. Does any one reading this know? If you do, grateful if you could advise.

Mark D Segal Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop". Please check the PhotoPXL Store for availability.

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: Tethered Capture with Fuji GFX-50S
    Reply #1 on: July 7, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Maybe Drew will chime in on this one, or someone who is using a tethered solution like this.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Tethered Capture with Fuji GFX-50S
    Reply #2 on: July 8, 2019 at 9:13 am

Thanks Kevin,

I was finally able to get an answer. I contacted Phase One tech support and they confirmed it is not feasible. They referred me to this paragraph in the Capture One 12 manual, which I had missed:

“Capture One’s Live View Focus Meter (LVFM) tool provides visual confirmation of the optimal point of focus when manually focusing with the Phase One XF/645DF+ cameras and IQ3/2 series backs. The LVFM is also compatible with a number of Canon, Nikon and Sony models that adopt contrast-detection AF, and it has some additional capability with the Phase One iXG Camera System (see here for more details).”

I – we don’t know yet, but perhaps the same will be the case for the new Fuji 100MP model. Perhaps the Fuji cameras, though supported in Capture One, do not have the kind of contrast detection AF that the Capture One Focus Meter tool needs. It would be useful to have deeper technical clarification from a Fuji rep.

Mark D Segal Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop". Please check the PhotoPXL Store for availability.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.