Surecolor P7500 Head Strikes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Surecolor P7500 Head Strikes Read 297 Times
  • Raymond Harder
    Raymond Harder
    Participant
    Epson Printers
    on: August 8, 2023 at 5:37 pm

I had another head strike today on my SC P7500 using Canson Platine paper. I have had similar issues on my Epson 3880 and was curious if anyone else has had head strikes with Canson’s Platine paper.  Since I’m using the proper ICC profile I would think the platen gap would be adjusted correctly for this paper. This doesn’t seem to be an issue with other Canson papers that I use especially Edition Etching which I do use a lot of. Epson’s Exhibition Fiber had been pretty good on the 7500 but I’ve had a few strikes on the 3880 in the past. Anyone here experience this type of problem with Canson Platine.

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Surecolor P7500 Head Strikes
    Reply #1 on: August 8, 2023 at 5:48 pm

The driver should set the platen gap according to the selected Media Type, so if you are getting head strikes it means one of two things: The Media Type you are using is not a good match for the paper being fed through the printer in respect of thickness and associated paper thickness and Platen Gap adjustments, or the paper is not flat enough, so areas hit the print head. When this happens, which is unusual, I find I solve the problem by setting the Platen Gap and the paper thickness settings manually in the “Advanced Media Control” panel of the Epson driver, and then making sure to save these settings as new preset for that paper in the driver. I find for the Epson SC-p5000, using a paper thickness of 5 and platen gap “Wider”, the head-strikes go away with no adverse impact on print quality.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.