Photo still syncing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Photo still syncing Read 502 Times
  • Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Adobe Lightroom & Adobe Camera Raw
    on: March 27, 2022 at 8:29 am

For the past few weeks, LR tells me when I quite that “3 photographs are still syncing”. If I don’t quit and allow it to continued, it makes no difference. Lots of photos have synced properly since then, but there are always 3 outstanding.

I’ve no idea which three are the problem. Is there a way of finding out?

Jeremy

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Photo still syncing
    Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022 at 10:18 am

If you are a member of Lightroom Queen it may be worthwhile asking Victoria Bampton whether she has seen this behaviour before and if so how to fix it.

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022 at 10:19 am

You would probably need to provide her with more specific information about the kind of sync and application version.

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022 at 2:48 pm

I’ve done a bit more digging, looking at the “sync” panel in the preferences pane in LR. It lists the three shots, all of which were taken, and seem to have lived, on my old iPhone 8, which is no longer online (erased and given away). I’ve no idea how to find them in the library so they can be deleted. Jolly odd.

Jeremy

Heiko Hamann
    Heiko Hamann
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022 at 2:40 am

Hi,

I had the same experience (sync in LRC gets stuck in some iPhone photos), maybe this will help you a bit. First of all: I don’t use the sync intensively and was previously only used to being able to show or edit my desktop photos on the iPad. But it also works the other way: LR on an iOS device can import images from this device (also automatically) and then sends them to LRC on the Mac/PC. In the LRC settings you can set the location where theese pictures are stored on the Mac/PC. Maybe you can check which location is set for you and what is going on there.

I was able to fix my sync problem by starting LR on the iPhone and letting LR do its work. After some time (I wasn’t sitting there), the synchronisation was also completed in LRC.

Since you no longer have your old iPhone: do you have a new iPhone with LR installed? Then starting LR there should actually solve the problem, because iOS/LR take all the settings with them from version to version, regardless of whether you switch to a new iPhone. Maybe you can find the pictures in LR on your iPhone and delete them.  I would also run LR once on all iOS devices that you still use.

I hope this helps or at least puts you on the path to a solution.

Best regards,

Heiko

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022 at 1:13 pm

I have fixed it. I thought I’d posted here, but I was wrong.

I discovered that the lines in the “syncing files” list in LR’s Preferences dialog are live links. I followed each one, simply by clicking (I’d previously tried copy-and-paste, which didn’t work) and deleted the file. Problem solved. I have no idea why only those three files ended up in that state; there didn’t seem to be anything special about them and they didn’t have anything notable in common.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.