No more photo access

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: No more photo access Read 373 Times
  • Dan Barthel
    Dan Barthel
    Participant
    Landscape & Nature Photography
    on: February 14, 2021 at 3:23 pm

AFIK, neither upper or lower Antelope canyons allow tripods anymore, much less photographer only access. The good old days are gone.

Paul Sokal
    Paul Sokal
    Silver Member
    Re: No more photo access
    Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021 at 3:30 pm

There was a BTS video on fstoppers about shooting in Antelope Canyon. It finished in Monument Valley. It really killed my desire to even think about photographing in those areas. And then you add Peter Lik’s “Phantom,” which I heard sold for a couple of million dollars and how cheesy the whole affair was…ugghhhh

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Paul Sokal.
    Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: No more photo access
    Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021 at 9:28 pm

I have been to these canyons a few times.  Back then I could use a tripod and I also photographed with a Phase One making a great portfolio.  All the places are always a great experience to visit.  When going to Page it is worth doing some research and finding a guide that will take you to private canyons.  There are many canyons in the area that will allow tripods and you can be the only person there.  Monument Valley can be the same way.  Hire a guide and let them take you to great places.  Contact me privately for some resources for that if needed.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.