NEW Article – Fuji Film Simulations JPEG vs. Capture One From A RAW File

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: NEW Article – Fuji Film Simulations JPEG vs. Capture One From A RAW File Read 670 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: February 14, 2021 at 6:32 pm

Fujifilm cameras are well known for their film simulation feature. However, the result is a JPEG and does not allow for real editing like a RAW file does. Capture One has worked closely with Fuji to replicate these effects in Capture One. Now you can adjust a RAW file and apply the desired film simulation even making the effects better. This article shows how as we’ll as a number of before and after images. Please enjoy by visiting the ARTICLE.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Srdjan Mitrovic
    Srdjan Mitrovic
    Silver Member
    Re: NEW Article – Fuji Film Simulations JPEG vs. Capture One From A RAW File
    Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021 at 7:44 pm

Thank you for the article, Kevin. Have you considered using Fujifilm X Raw Studio? You connect the camera to the computer and use the camera’s excellent film simulation engine to convert the RAW files to TIFF (albeit only 10-bit data).

It sounds a bit complicated, but the results are quite nice.

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: NEW Article – Fuji Film Simulations JPEG vs. Capture One From A RAW File
    Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021 at 1:34 am

No, I haven’t. In the past I found the Fuji software products to be kind of Klunky.  I can tether and do it all in Capture One.  As I say all the time if you find something that works for you then that is what counts.  Doing what I do I dabble in everything.  In the end, C1 has been my go-to RAW processor for a million years (so it seems).

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.