Luminar AI Demo by Kevin Raber

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Luminar AI Demo by Kevin Raber Read 496 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: December 21, 2020 at 4:41 pm

Just published is a new article with a video showing Luminar AI in action.  I show a couple of different scenarios of image processing.  This s a new kind of program where AI makes many choices on how the image should look, but in the end, it allows you to make the final choices.  It’s worth paying attention to, as this will be something we see in many programs going forward.  Photoshop has several AI features in its latest version, including Sky Replacement.

You can read the article and see the video HERE.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Ron Donson
    Ron Donson
    Participant
    Re: Luminar AI Demo by Kevin Raber
    Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020 at 10:20 pm

I’ve been using Skylum products since their CK line of stuff.   When Skylum Luminar 4 was released I started using that and found it quite a boon.  Yes, I have LrC and PS and have had for a long time and my processing always starts in LrC.  I also use DXO Nik Collection.  I use Iridient X-Transformer for max detail for RAF files from my Fuji X-series cameras.  Adobe lags behind in that regard.

I’ve enjoyed using Luminar 4 and for me Luminar AI is a significant advancement in their product line.  IMHO the AI aspects get me to where I want to go much quicker than PS.  I always feel in control though and its amazing what can be achieved in a modest amount of time.   I always feel like the results are mine not the AI’s.

The announced Luminar AI features to be added in 2021 will be another boost to the product and a boon for photographers.

I do NOT believe that Skylum has targeted their product as a nose to nose competitor to PS or LrC.  As Kevin has pointed out it lacks the library (data base)  and the ability to flag, color code or star photos.  We all know that PS can do anything with enough time and layers 🙂 but life is short..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.