Loch Eck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Loch Eck Read 2428 Times
  • Ken Rennie
    Ken Rennie
    Participant
    Landscape & Nature Photography
    on: August 14, 2019 at 8:06 am

This was taken on a very soft light morning in the West of Scotland on a Royal Photographic Society “self help day”. A few weeks before a local to the area posts that they are going out  photographing and if people want to turn up they can be shown locations that they might never find, no cost, no instruction just photographers who may not know each other meeting and enjoying the outdoors. I thought that I had arrived too late as the sun had started to burn off the morning mist but managed this one. Strangely everyone else (10) were all shooting with wide angles and I put on a 70-200. Processed with a touch of desaturation and negative clarity to enhance the soft mood. Ken

Dornoch-Point-1600-2

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: Loch Eck
    Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019 at 10:10 am

Another out of the park shot, well done.  When I get back from the trip I’m on I’d love to talk with you.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019 at 2:07 pm

Another stunner, Ken.

Jeremy

Jim Tsioles
    Jim Tsioles
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019 at 11:36 am

Many instances of mine when shooting fall colors say in places like the Great Smokey Mountains, distant grey haze covered hills (and sky) lack so little color that they clash with the wonderful reds and yellows of foreground leaves. Yet this image pleases the eye for the reason that the colors are muted in the entire image. I suspect that you took the dehaze tool in the negative direction.

Ken Rennie
    Ken Rennie
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019 at 12:20 pm

Many instances of mine when shooting fall colors say in places like the Great Smokey Mountains, distant grey haze covered hills (and sky) lack so little color that they clash with the wonderful reds and yellows of foreground leaves. Yet this image pleases the eye for the reason that the colors are muted in the entire image. I suspect that you took the dehaze tool in the negative direction.

Hi Jim, dehaze wasn’t available when I initially processed the image. This was taken 1st April, the odd thing about the North of England and all of Scotland is that Autumn colours in bracken and beech trees are retained until the Spring growth starts to show, Spring is usually much later than April. Ken

Mike Nelson Pedde
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019 at 2:11 pm

Well done. Thanks for sharing it!

_____
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Victoria, BC
    https://www.wolfnowl.com/

Ken Rennie
    Ken Rennie
    Participant
    Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019 at 6:50 pm

Another out of the park shot, well done. When I get back from the trip I’m on I’d love to talk with you.

I look forward to it Kevin, meanwhile enjoy your trip. Ken

Bernard Wolf
    Bernard Wolf
    Participant
    Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019 at 8:22 pm

Very nice image.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.