GFX 100 vertical grip Lock Switch

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: GFX 100 vertical grip Lock Switch Read 1054 Times
  • Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Silver Member
    Medium Format
    on: July 25, 2019 at 11:19 am

”Too many” folk were reporting either very loose, or non-functional vertical grip Lock Switch function on the GFX 100.  I think someone here posted that about their camera.

Fuji is aware, has serial number ranges that could have the problem and a repair strategy:

https://www.fujifilm.com/news/n190725.html

If your camera is in the SN range, yet seem OK, there are two things to know:

1. It “May have been” addressed before shipment and you can call Fuji to make sure it is OK.
    2. If it seems OK but wasn’t addressed before shipment, it could go bad and even shed small parts into the camera which could cause a “camera to malfunction.”

Rand

PS – Kevin, this might be a partial answer to one of my queries on your “ask Fuji” list re the GFX 100 in another thread here!

Rand Scott Adams Rand47

Jim Sanderson
    Jim Sanderson
    Participant
    Re: GFX 100 vertical grip Lock Switch
    Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019 at 3:18 pm

”Too many” folk were reporting either very loose, or non-functional vertical grip Lock Switch function on the GFX 100. I think someone here posted that about their camera.

Fuji is aware, has serial number ranges that could have the problem and a repair strategy:

https://www.fujifilm.com/news/n190725.html

If your camera is in the SN range, yet seem OK, there are two things to know:

1. It “May have been” addressed before shipment and you can call Fuji to make sure it is OK.
    2. If it seems OK but wasn’t addressed before shipment, it could go bad and even shed small parts into the camera which could cause a “camera to malfunction.”

Rand

PS – Kevin, this might be a partial answer to one of my queries on your “ask Fuji” list re the GFX 100 in another thread here!

My serial number is within the problem range.  I called and spoke to a Fuji representative that told me that, even though the switch problem is not currently manifested, I should send it in within a year from the purchase date.  Free shipping and a return within 48hrs after receipt.  Additionally, Fuji will extend their original one year warranty an extra year at no additional cost.

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: GFX 100 vertical grip Lock Switch
    Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019 at 5:39 pm

Jim, That is what I like about Fuji.  They stand behind their products.  I have a lot of Fuji X gear, (maybe too much) but the one time in needed repair on the 40-150mm lens it was handled fast and at a reasonable cost.  It says a lot about a company that is willing to stand up and admit there is an issue and give customers a path to get these things fixed.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.