Folio for Presentation Gifts

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Folio for Presentation Gifts Read 274 Times
  • Alan Goldhammer
    Alan Goldhammer
    Silver Member
    Papers & Media
    on: May 8, 2023 at 12:25 pm

I’m wondering if anyone knows about the availability of 8 print (letter size) folios for presentation gifts. I have used Dane Creek Folios (I think Michael Reichman wrote about them many years ago over on LuLa) in the past but it appears that they are no longer around. Lots of photographers used their easy to put together folio. I’ve tried using Google to find a comparable item but pretty much come up empty even using a number of different search terms. I hope that one of the members here can help out.

EDIT: After I posted this, I heard back from Neil Enns. He sold the last of the folios in 2022 and is not producing any more.

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: Folio for Presentation Gifts
    Reply #1 on: May 8, 2023 at 5:20 pm

I bought a lot of Neils last batch and have been using them up. We just put in an automated cutter at the studio that is part of our Fine Art Workshops. We can use this cutter to make a folio. I am going to copy the ones I have and see if we can make a vector template for doing this. You can also make them by hand. Jeff Schewe has made some by hand but it is a bit of work. Otherwise I don’t know of any place. I have looked around a lot for them. If you come across something let us know. Otherwise I’ll let you know how we do using the cutter.

I’ll do an article on the cutter in the next few weeks once I master it a bit more. It’s very cool to see work. We do have a video on our YouTube channel.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Alan Goldhammer
    Alan Goldhammer
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: May 8, 2023 at 5:46 pm

Kevin,
    Let me know how it turns out. I would certainly want to purchase some. Since we moved into a condo, I really don’t have room for lots of DIY projects so making them by hand is not in the cards. I have two folios left but those will be used up in the next couple of weeks.

Cynthia Merzer
    Cynthia Merzer
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: November 3, 2023 at 7:44 am

Those Dane Creek folios were great and cost effective. Will miss them. Here are a few ideas:

Digital Print Folios from Archival Methods

Folio Folder from Print File

Another option is to use a shallow portfolio box. Depending on what your purpose is you could make a deconstructed album. Black River Imaging has some beautiful folio boxes; sizes are limited. You could use the 11×14 box, make all of your prints on 11×14 paper and just use the box for storage or you could mat the prints on 11×14 mats. Either way it makes a beautiful keepsake.

Hope that helps. Please post back if you ever find anything ready made akin to the Dane Creek Folios.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.