Field Techniques For Technical Cameras

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Field Techniques For Technical Cameras Read 343 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: February 7, 2022 at 5:47 pm

While many photographers don’t use technical cameras, there is still a niche audience that does.  This is the first in a multi-part series by Dave Chew on using and understanding technical cameras.  David is an expert with these cameras.  I have know Dave for a very long time and he has a great ability to share his knowledge on this subject.  While you may not need a technical camera this is a good read at understanding a very special camera for getting the most out of a photograph.

You can read the article HERE.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Brad Smith
    Brad Smith
    Participant
    Re: Field Techniques For Technical Cameras
    Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022 at 9:32 pm

I wonder what % of PhotoPXL subscribers own a technical camera?   1%?  ¼%?  2%?

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022 at 10:36 pm

Brad, you may be surprised at the numbers.  There are also a lot of people that like to know things like what technical cameras are all about.  The first article had 1.5 thousand reads.  Google search also drops readers right to articles like that.

I don’t have a yacht, but I love looking at them and reading about them.  I have worked with technical cameras on many occasions and I have an article with a cool video coming on the Phase One XT system; I have also been out in the field with David and he is brilliant and understands this stuff better than even some engineers. Sometimes it’s fun to look and learn.

I try to publish a wide array of articles to fit a wide audience.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Benoit Malphettes
    Benoit Malphettes
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: March 2, 2022 at 3:29 pm

I love my technical camera. it is a great tool to shoot still lifes. the article by Dave Chew was very well documented and informative.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.