Epson Profiles

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Epson Profiles Read 333 Times
  • Bob Fields
    Bob Fields
    Participant
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: December 22, 2021 at 8:09 pm

Jeff, why is Epson not posting their profiles and data sheets on their website?

Jeff Schewe
    Jeff Schewe
    Gold Member
    Re: Epson Profiles
    Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021 at 5:23 am

What printer, what OS?

The odds are that for current printers (like the P700/900) all the profiles are already in the driver. What profiles are you looking for?

Bob Fields
    Bob Fields
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021 at 11:16 am

OS 12.1. Epson P-800. Yes they do exist deep inside the driver, but you have to extract them with a program such as “Pacifist” https://www.charlessoft.com and then copy them to “user”>Library>ColorSync>Profiles folder so they show up in Lightroom and color manage from Lightroom rather than have the printer manage the color. Mark Segal helped me figure that out. I thought since you have a close ear to Epson you might have some insight into this. Is Epson moving us to Epson Print Layout? Which is pretty cool, especially for black and white, but I still prefer to print color from Lightroom.  They used to provide profiles for all their printers and their papers on their website along with a data sheet for each paper profile. See attached example. Glad I saved them.  I’m not ready to drop a big dime for ImagePrint yet, which I know would probably solve this issue.  Just wondered what your thoughts were on this from Epson’s point of view.

Bob Fields
    Bob Fields
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021 at 11:27 am
    Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021 at 11:37 am

I’ll bring the topic up with Dano when I speak to him after the Holiday.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Bob Fields
    Bob Fields
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021 at 2:11 pm

Thanks, Kevin.  I am really looking forward to the PXL Print it Series. Like you say, the reason I do this thing called photography is for the end result. The print. I learned the craft in a wet darkroom and we have come so far. It’s exciting. Thanks for all you all do.  Merry Christmas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.