Epson papers ICC profiles?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Epson papers ICC profiles? Read 380 Times
  • Mike Maas
    Mike Maas
    Participant
    Papers & Media
    on: March 23, 2022 at 1:16 am

I want to look at the Epson Legacy papers.  I want to do some soft proofing for these papers, using some of my images.  When searching the web, especially the Epson sites,  I can not find where to download the ICC profiles for these papers.  Does anyone know where I can get the profiles for these papers?  Thanks.

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Epson papers ICC profiles?
    Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022 at 9:17 am

You don’t mention what printer model, what operating system and which continent you live on, so hard to know where to begin. However: Epson Legacy Papers are available only in the USA and Canada. The profiles are buried deep in the North American versions of the Epson drivers for Epson professional printers. You can most easily find them by purchasing an inexpensive application called “Pacifist” which allows you to discover the full file structure of the driver applications. I have attached an example for my Epson SC-P5000 printer showing how to reach the profiles. Once there, you can copy/paste them into the Profiles folder of your operating system. However, if you are printing from Lightroom or Photoshop and have the North American version of the Epson driver for your printer installed, those applications will find the profiles without you needing to do all the above, allow you to operate with them from within the applications and do your soft-proofing.

Mark D Segal Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop". Please check the PhotoPXL Store for availability.

Mike Maas
    Mike Maas
    Participant
    Re: Epson papers ICC profiles?
    Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022 at 9:34 pm

Thanks Mark.   That worked.  It just so happens that you gave the example for my printer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.