Epson P900 Roll Paper Attachment specs?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Epson P900 Roll Paper Attachment specs? Read 249 Times
  • John Donlan
    John Donlan
    Participant
    Epson Printers
    on: December 29, 2023 at 9:55 pm

Anyone owning a RPA have a copy of the paper weight specs for this device? Seems the RPA will not handle HEAVY fine art papers?

Thanks

Greyscale

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Epson P900 Roll Paper Attachment specs?
    Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023 at 11:34 pm

https://epson.com/Accessories/Printer-Accessories/SureColor-P900-Roll-Paper-Adapter/p/C12C935221 :

<The optional Roll Media Adapter for the SureColor P900 can be installed at any time and adds flexibility to use full 2″ core roll Canvas and 3″ core roll Fine Art, photographic and proofing media in lengths up-to 100 feet.> (Emphasis mine.) >

How HEAVY is heavy in your case?

In my review of this printer (on this website) I tested the roll holder with Epson Exhibition Canvas Satin and it worked well.

In any event, just in case you have lingering concerns about this, I recommend ordering from a dealer to whom you can return it if you are not satisfied with its performance.

John Donlan
    John Donlan
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023 at 1:32 pm

Mark, thank you for your reply. Guessing here that the RPA paper specs mirror the P900 paper spec, as to weight and thickness?

Happy New Year!!

John

Greyscale

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #3 on: December 30, 2023 at 1:49 pm

Hi John, Happy New Year to you too.

Fact is, the documentation on the roll holder is thin.  I think one could suppose it was designed to work with the range of Epson papers available in roll format. Best thing under the circumstances, as I suggested above, is to buy it from a returnable source and test it with one of the roll types you want to use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.