Epson P900 ICC Profiles

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Epson P900 ICC Profiles Read 3527 Times
  • George Stark
    George Stark
    Participant
    Epson Printers
    on: October 21, 2020 at 7:44 pm

IMAC OS 10.15.7

Lightroom 10.0

Epson P900

I’ve spent most of my day trying top make a print on the Epson P900 with CANSON Platine Fibre Rag but Ive been unsuccessful.  I’m trying to print from Lightroom and I’m using the Canson ICC Profile for  the P900 and Platine Fibre Rag… but it seems the Printer always rejects the  printing data from Lightroom due to a Paper mis-match… The printer seems to want the Canson ICC installed but I can’t figure out how thats done??….. I’ll call support tomorrow when they open but thought I’d try here first incase… hoping I’d get a quick answer so I can print this evening…ha…..FYI… I have exploring the Epson Media Manager but I have yet to find a way to download and register Canson Icc Profile.. but this is new to me so maybe I’m just not seeing it.

PS… No problem printing with Epson Papers..

Cheers George

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Epson P900 ICC Profiles
    Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020 at 7:55 pm

If you have downloaded the Canson profile to your hard drive you can create a new paper and associate that profile to the new paper in the Epson Media Installer. I’m writing this from memory now, so I hope I got it right: You should enter the Media Installer profiles list, select the Epson Media that is closest to your Canson paper, create a copy of it with a new name, then go into the Edit function in the Media Installer, which allows you to make a number of adjustments to that copied profile, and at the bottom of that dialog box you should see a pane allowing you to fetch and associate any ICC profile of your choosing to that new media. Let us know if that works. This is all new and there is no manual for it yet.

George Stark
    George Stark
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020 at 8:02 pm

It never fails… as soon as I hit the send button for the post it occurred to me what my issue might be…… I have never used a Front Loading Printer before so when I checked my Lightroom settings for paper… I found that I had not selected the FRONT LOADING THICK setting… thus I was getting the paper mis-match error….. I apologize for posting in panic mode…. Maybe someone will learn from my error….. However I’m still not positive I’m doing it right ?  Though I got a pretty good looking print….. On the P900 I selected “Premium Luster” because Canson recommends that as a Media selection.. can anyone confirm paper settings on the P900 for Canson Platine Fibre Rag..  Am I still suppose to  upload a ICC profile to the Printer for that specific paper?

Thanks

George

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020 at 8:23 pm

You should use the Media Type the paper supplier recommends because they have researched what works best. You do not need to use the front try for loading that paper. You can use the top feeder. It’s easier and reliable. And yes, upload the ICC profile provided for that paper. Unless you can order or make better ones, it’s the preferred one to use.

George Stark
    George Stark
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020 at 8:43 pm

Hi Mark

Thanks so much…

First , your instructions for uploading the profile to the printer were right on….and it successfully has been registered and shows up on the P900 menu as a Fine Art Paper choice “Canson Platine Fibre Rag”…

SUPER THANKS !! for the sheet feeder tip…. I was not loving the front loading !!… It reminded me of the black ink switching procedure …. very time consuming to load one sheet..

I had just assumed that the Platine Fibre Rag was to “THICK” for the rear feeder….as per all of the Epson warnings about thickness….

I just now cranked out a beautiful print using all of your tips!!…. and LOVE the fact I can use the rear feed!!!!

Thanks again for your time and expertise to get me on track !

Cheers

George

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020 at 8:51 pm

You are welcome. I just received a reviewer’s unit over the weekend and am working assiduously on learning and testing it. There is enough new and different with this machine to take a good fresh look at everything, so it will be a while before I get a review published, but I’m on the case. The Media Installer is of course part of the menu. I am so pleased this worked out for you. And yes, between the several published materials there is some ambiguity about the kinds of paper that the top feed can accommodate, so by trial one learns. I would just be careful not to put very heavy media into it, because the paper does need to make a bend and if it fails to bend easily enough I can see it screwing-up the mechanism, but most of these fine art papers aren’t heavy enough to do that. I’ve been feeding it Ilford Gold Fibre Silk (yes I still have some!) and Epson Legacy Fibre, both of which are quite hefty papers and they have been performing just fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.