Display Resolutions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Display Resolutions Read 228 Times
  • George Stark
    George Stark
    Participant
    Computers & Displays
    on: April 10, 2023 at 6:52 pm

I’m hesitant to post this question because its probably a basic question that I should already know the answer to but I do not.
    My Dell Monitor is capable of Scaled Screen Resolution’s 1920 x 1080 thru 3840 x2160 with the Mac Studio.
    Obviously if I used the highest setting everything would be just a little bit small to work with…. so I use a setting that is most comfortable for my eyes to deal with which is 2560×1440…
    Besides a larger work area with the higher Display Res settings is there a optimum display setting I should be using while editing photos in Photoshop and Lightroom?

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: Display Resolutions
    Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023 at 8:42 am

The 4K monitors are nice when you want them as they give you. great real estate but you need good glasses to read text and menus. The $K monitors are great to view final work to see detail as well as 4K videos. I edit a lot of videos at 4K as the editing program gains more real estate space to work on with those programs. I have a dual display set up and my main 32 inch BenQ monitor is set at medium and my LG 27 next t to is is set steel closer to 4K. It sits on the right and allows me to tile a number of different apps that I use during the day. When needed I can drag the screen over to my 32 BenQ and have an easier view on things and when done move it back to the LG. I will watch full-screen videos and such at 4K on the BenQ and it is easy to switch to the different resolutions. Everyone I know finds their comfort levels. This works for me.

Screenshot-2023-04-11-at-8.32.16-AM

Screenshot-2023-04-11-at-8.31.58-AM

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023 at 12:13 pm

You answered your own question: use a setting that is most comfortable for your eyes.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

George Stark
    George Stark
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023 at 5:22 pm

Thank you gentlemen for confirming my gut feeling and alleviating my fear that I may be missing a technical advantage of some type by not using proper display resolution while editing images in PS & LR . Its nice to have confirmation by the experts.
    Thanks Kevin for the extra explainer about your set up and use of displays… Appreciate it!
    Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.