Dawn on the River

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Dawn on the River Read 164 Times
  • Russ Lewis
    Russ Lewis
    Silver Member
    Landscape & Nature Photography
    on: July 4, 2022 at 10:49 am

Dawn on the RiverDawn-on-the-River

Paul Sokal
    Paul Sokal
    Silver Member
    Re: Dawn on the River
    Reply #1 on: July 4, 2022 at 12:03 pm

Lovely. I can feel the serenity.

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Reply #2 on: July 4, 2022 at 2:08 pm

Lovely. I agree with Paul. A little haloing around the treeline on the left, perhaps?

Jeremy

Russ Lewis
    Russ Lewis
    Silver Member
    Reply #3 on: July 4, 2022 at 3:23 pm

Thanks, Jeremy. I’m not sure why there’s haloing above the treeline because I don’t remember sharpening this one.

But it’s a mystery to me that everyone is an informed critic when it comes to landscape, but nobody has much to say about street, which is the main reason having a camera is worthwhile. When it comes to landscape, a paintbrush seems much more appropriate. I keep coming back to Biersadt’s “Among the Sierra Nevadas,” where the painter wildly distorted linear perspective and ended up with a much more convincing portrayal of the mountains than is remotely possible with a camera (unless you go wild with Photoshop).

Ah well. . .

Russ Lewis
    Russ Lewis
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: July 4, 2022 at 3:29 pm

Thanks, Paul. That was the little Palatlakaha river, which was in front of our house before we arrived at the end of the line(Lake Port Square). It was very serene except during hurricanes.

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Reply #5 on: July 5, 2022 at 3:00 pm

I don’t think it’s a sharpening artefact. It looks to me more as if you have darkened the sky and the parts of the sky around the treelike haven’t been affected.

Jeremy

Russ Lewis
    Russ Lewis
    Silver Member
    Reply #6 on: July 5, 2022 at 3:20 pm

I see what you’re seeing, but I don’t remember doing anything to it, Jeremy, other than correcting the brightness range a bit and then making a 7 inch wide jpeg copy for the web. When I get time I’m going to go back to the .dng copy, or even the original .nef, and see.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.