Daily Message from Kevin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Daily Message from Kevin Read 269 Times
  • Rainer Heim
    Rainer Heim
    Participant
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: August 25, 2023 at 3:20 pm

Hi Kevin

Thanks for suggesting an intensification of your messages. It is admirable to see your dedication and tenacity at promoting a meaningful exchange about photography. As a pure amateur I do not feel very much qualified to post on technical or aesthetic issues, but I am happy to make a few off the cuff suggestions for some of your rants in the coming weeks.

But first: for a title I suggest ‘Raber’s Photo Rants’, in the hope that RPR does not have any sinister meaning in the US/CAN/UK.

Here some ideas:

1. Where is photography heading – really? (so the truth minus the sales pitch and minus the happy world of app promises no one keeps, for example)
    2. The various niches of the market. Is landscape photography one? What about street photography?
    3. Where are all the young people? Or: what in photography is right for young people without analogue or DSLR baggage?
    4. Why is an LFP so darn expensive for non-professional printing and what would be the solution? My Canon IPF6400 costs me 300€ every 50 sqm for a new printhead, despite regular printhead massage/exercise.
    5. Slow photography to learn how to see. And how do you get to fast fotography then?

Wish you best of luck with your daily rant. And what about an AI spellchecker for your typos?

Regards

Rainer

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: Daily Message from Kevin
    Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023 at 11:50 am

Hi Kevin

Thanks for suggesting an intensification of your messages. It is admirable to see your dedication and tenacity at promoting a meaningful exchange about photography. As a pure amateur I do not feel very much qualified to post on technical or aesthetic issues, but I am happy to make a few off the cuff suggestions for some of your rants in the coming weeks.

But first: for a title I suggest ‘Raber’s Photo Rants’, in the hope that RPR does not have any sinister meaning in the US/CAN/UK.

Here some ideas:

1. Where is photography heading – really? (so the truth minus the sales pitch and minus the happy world of app promises no one keeps, for example)
    2. The various niches of the market. Is landscape photography one? What about street photography?
    3. Where are all the young people? Or: what in photography is right for young people without analogue or DSLR baggage?
    4. Why is an LFP so darn expensive for non-professional printing and what would be the solution? My Canon IPF6400 costs me 300€ every 50 sqm for a new printhead, despite regular printhead massage/exercise.
    5. Slow photography to learn how to see. And how do you get to fast fotography then?

Wish you best of luck with your daily rant. And what about an AI spellchecker for your typos?

Regards

Rainer

Thanks for the topic suggestion.  I have added them to my ever-growing list.  I will address them.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Simon Simpson
    Simon Simpson
    Participant
    Re: Daily Message from Kevin
    Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023 at 10:06 am

Kevin, I’m really enjoying your daily chats.

Thank you so much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.