Constant need to log in

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Constant need to log in Read 789 Times
  • Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Silver Member
    About This Site
    on: January 10, 2021 at 10:31 am

I know this is stupid… but the need to constantly log in is pissing me off.  This is the only web site that refuses to remember me.  iPad, PC, Laptop… all the same.  It actually has a chilling effect on my desire to come and do my morning “surf.”  As I said, stupid, but “there it is.”

Rand

Rand Scott Adams Rand47

Christopher Sanderson
    Christopher Sanderson
    Gold Member
    Re: Constant need to log in
    Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021 at 10:45 am

Yes, it can be quite annoying. But perhaps more easily understood knowing that if you use multiple devices to access the website, the cookie that is set on machine A does not transfer to machine B. The website sees a difference and demands a new login and a new login invalidates the old one. The cookies also expire after a day or so. This is set up by WordPress as a security feature but does so at the cost of some annoyance – our apologies.

Reginald Villeponteaux
    Reginald Villeponteaux
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021 at 7:43 pm

I have Kaspersky password manager; it logs in with the password
    automatically. It is a treasure for someone as fumble-fingered
    as I.

Regards,

Dale

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021 at 12:37 pm

So is it just me, or is it impossible to log into the forum/site on an iPhone AND a desktop? I log in via iPhone. Go to desktop and I’m asked to log in. Go back to iPhone, I’m asked to log in. Doesn’t matter if I use the “keep me logged” in button either place. It’s one device at a time, really?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021 at 1:22 pm

It’s a security thing.  You need to be signed out to log into a second device.  Esentialy it forces you to log in twice if you didn’t log out of your other device.  It happens to me all the time.  I’ll talk this over with our web team this week.  See Chris’s post above.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021 at 1:28 pm

A security thing? I have to wonder why so many other forums don’t have this limitation.

I can live with it sure, but it’s silly IMHO.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Silver Member
    Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021 at 9:10 pm

Well…. dang.   I’m a very easy-going type guy for the most part – but this “security thing” continues to chap my hide.  And now, I need to pay $9 / month in order to have dark-mode (which is my preference on all the web sites that offer it).  My hide is getting really chapped.  I’m an early supporter and cheerleader of PhotoPXL, and even tossed some $$ at it, unsolicited, the first couple of years.  You’re making it hard . . .

Rand

Rand Scott Adams Rand47

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021 at 1:19 am

Rand, I certainly understand your position.  I have to log in too when I switch to different computers or mobile devices.  I will bring this up again with our developers when I return from the workshops I am doing right now.  We wanted the security of the site to be paramount when designing this site.   So, I’ll address this again to see if there is something easier for our users.

As far as the 9.00 a month it gets you more than just dark mode.  It also has retina resolution and the ability to click on images and see them larger.  I don’t know an other photo sites doing that.  Plus there are other benefits and more coming.

Please check your message board on this site as I sent you a direct message also.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.