Collections in C1 20

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Collections in C1 20 Read 724 Times
  • Mike Nelson Pedde
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Participant
    Capture One
    on: January 12, 2020 at 5:30 pm

Still trying to get used to C1…

Yesterday I was out making some images of waves during a winter storm. I shot some images on A, mostly at about 1/125 sec, but I also shot some images on S at 1/8000 sec. Now in Lightroom I’d go to the Library Filter/ Metadata, add a column, select Shutter Speed and scroll down to 1/8000 sec. Easy.

That’s no possible in C1, but you can create a Smart Album. So I did, created a new search criterion and set Shutter Speed equals 1/8000 (which C1 instantly converted to 0.000125). It then told me there were no matches. To be sure, I changed the Date – Year is on 2020, and also received no matches.Untitled
    As you can see from this selection of 11 images, there are 287 images made yesterday, and these 11 at least have a shutter speed of 1/8000 sec. So what’s up with that?

Mike.

P.S. If anyone from Phase One is reading this, in Lightroom Smart Collections one can choose ‘all of the above’ or ‘any of the above – a simply A AND B / A OR B. But, if one holds down the Alt key when adding a criterion, one can change it to something like A AND (B OR C). It’s a handy function to have. Maybe we should start a C1 suggestions thread. I have quite a few and I’m sure others do as well. 🙂

_____
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Victoria, BC
    https://www.wolfnowl.com/

Mike Nelson Pedde
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Participant
    Re: Collections in C1 20
    Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020 at 5:47 pm

Answered my own question. Even though the 11 images I had selected match both of the criteria I was looking for, C1 generated an error because I had any images selected. I went back to the grid, unselected all of the images and ran the Smart Album again. This time it showed me the images made at 1/8000.

Gotta be an easier way…

Mike.

_____
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Victoria, BC

Jeff Griffin
    Jeff Griffin
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020 at 5:56 pm

Have you looked at the   filters tool?

click on the 3 dots next to the question mark and select   show / hide metadata filters.

Then scroll down the pop up panel and tick shutter speed.

Then the shutter speed should show up in the filters tool.

Mike Nelson Pedde
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020 at 2:00 am

Thanks, Jeff!! I was wondering why there wasn’t a filter for metadata. Now I know. Much appreciated.

Learn something new every day. Now I can quit for today.

Mike.

_____
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Victoria, BC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.