Canson Baryta Prestige II ??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Canson Baryta Prestige II ?? Read 666 Times
  • Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Silver Member
    Papers & Media
    on: April 12, 2023 at 12:11 pm

For Mark Segal
    I did a search on Canson Baryta Prestige II paper to see if anything came up. Nothing.
    Have you / are you doing a review of this paper? I’m a big fan of the original and would value your evaluation.
    Second. I looked about hoping to find a page that has all your excellent paper reviews listed w/ links to each review / evaluation. No joy. Does such a thing exist here? And, if not, Kevin should see to it that one is created.
    Thanks in advance for feedback.
    Rand

Rand Scott Adams Rand47

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Canson Baryta Prestige II ??
    Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023 at 1:50 pm

Hi Rand – yes indeed, I did write a review of this paper – quite detailed in fact with comparison to Legacy Platine, which is a similar paper, and you can find that here: photopxl.com/epson-legacy-baryta-ii-paper/. Put https:// before that title. This forum doesn’t accept linked URLs.
    And no – we do not have a consolidated inventory of all the paper and printer reviews. Kevin and I have discussed this, and it is a project he intends to work on. There are a whole bunch on LULA that I of course have all the original PDFs for, so we could do it, but takes time and resources to actually cobble it together and mount it in an easily accessible way. I think it will happen sooner or later.

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023 at 2:00 pm

Mark,

Thanks! But that link is to your review of the Epson Legacy Baryta II. I was asking about Canson Baryta Prestige II.

Kevin… with your emphasis on “the print” you NEED to get Mark’s reviews all in one place! 🤡

Rand

Rand Scott Adams Rand47

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023 at 3:22 pm

Rand, Making an index article with all Mark’s content is on my list. A bit swamped now and I can’t even get regular articles posted. Things are coming together though so hopefully we will get these and a lot of other stuff done.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023 at 11:59 pm

Mark,

Thanks! But that link is to your review of the Epson Legacy Baryta II. I was asking about Canson Baryta Prestige II.

Kevin… with your emphasis on “the print” you NEED to get Mark’s reviews all in one place! 🤡

Rand

Rand, sorry I missed something here as I did not have notifications enabled: no, I did not review Canson Baryta Prestige II yet; this could be contemplated though.

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023 at 10:40 am

The list for Mark is high n the list.  The last several months, I had some special projects I was working on as well as getting the Print workshops up and running.  Things are slowly leveling out and I’ll start that project soon.  I have been in the Palouse for the last two weeks and while running workshops nothing else gets done.  I have been printing on the Canson paper though and images are really good.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Silver Member
    Reply #6 on: July 11, 2023 at 4:02 pm

Thanks, Mark and Kevin . . .

I’ve been testing this paper recently – against the original.  All of my observations are subjective and a far cry from the detailed and objective tests that you perform, Mark.

I’ll be standing by in hopes that your schedule allows.

Rand

Rand Scott Adams Rand47

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #7 on: July 11, 2023 at 4:16 pm

Subjective reviews are very useful Rand, so if you have observations to share, I, and I imagine others, would be interested.

I would like to review this paper, but the person I normally dealt with in Canson no longer seems to be there and another person has been unresponsive on this particular matter. If I can reach them to provide me with the paper and agree to collaboration, if needed, I would undertake a review.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.