Calm after the storm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Calm after the storm Read 921 Times
  • Ken Rennie
    Ken Rennie
    Participant
    Landscape & Nature Photography
    on: August 7, 2019 at 7:10 am

We don’t often get lots of snow in the North of England but Feb and March 2018 was an exception. Being Britain we were totally unprepared for it so transport ground to a halt. This forced me to walk and thus restricted me to a few miles radius. This was taken just after another snow fall. Ken

DSC5152-1-cropped-5-softer-clouds

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: Calm after the storm
    Reply #1 on: August 7, 2019 at 8:10 am

Another exceptional image.  I love the tonality, nothing is blown out.  So many people look for the single tree image, yet this two tree shot works beautifully.  One thing I will say about your photography is it makes me stop and explore the photograph.  Please consider updating your community page with these latest images.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Paulo Bizarro
    Paulo Bizarro
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: August 7, 2019 at 11:51 am

Lovely indeed.

Ken Rennie
    Ken Rennie
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: August 7, 2019 at 1:45 pm

Another exceptional image. I love the tonality, nothing is blown out. So many people look for the single tree image, yet this two tree shot works beautifully. One thing I will say about your photography is it makes me stop and explore the photograph. Please consider updating your community page with these latest images.

Thanks a lot Kevin I found it a lovely exercise in differentiating between shades of white. Thankfully it also prints well. Ken

Jim Tsioles
    Jim Tsioles
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: August 7, 2019 at 11:49 pm

The left side of the image appears to cast a back-lit effect onto the trees, making their silhouette pop in a dynamic way. This is a good example that shows off many elements of design.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.