Breathing Color Linen review by M. Segal

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Breathing Color Linen review by M. Segal Read 1109 Times
  • Robert Thomas
    Robert Thomas
    Silver Member
    Papers & Media
    on: September 9, 2019 at 1:46 pm

Another outstanding FULL review by M Segal.  I find I get a great deal from his reviews to read once though to almost skim through for the high points then take my time some time later to read all the salient details that he provides.  Excellent work and appreciate the total attention to detail that you provide.

One question I have is on the linen natural.  I understand that it has a very limited gamut and therefore color images would be quite muted.  How would this work with B&W images?  The Breathing Color website has some examples that look quite good.

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: Breathing Color Linen review by M. Segal
    Reply #1 on: September 9, 2019 at 3:30 pm

Hi Robert, thanks and glad you find the reviews useful. Please check the section of the review dealing with Belgian Linen Natural, where between Figures 28 and 29 I provide some guidance on the characteristics that B&W photographs should have for successful printing on this special media.

Best regards, Mark

Robert Thomas
    Robert Thomas
    Silver Member
    Re: Breathing Color Linen review by M. Segal
    Reply #2 on: September 9, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Thank you for your quick reply and guidance to the exact point in your review that answers my question and provides suggestions on how one might select and prepare an image to print on the Belgian linen natural. I am sure when I read though all of the review in detail there will me more helpful material for me.  Again excellent review — Thank You

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.