basICColor display 6 and X-Rite i1Display Pro

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Topic: basICColor display 6 and X-Rite i1Display Pro Read 942 Times
  • ouriel morgensztern
    ouriel morgensztern
    Participant
    Computers & Displays
    on: December 25, 2020 at 5:28 pm

Hi there and many thanks for the comprehensive article about the basICColor display 6 calibrationtion process. I have a question that might sound stupid but I’m gong to ask it anyways…Can (should) the basICColor display 6 be used in conjunction with a X-Rite i1Display Pro calibration device in order to “better” calibrate an iMac 5k 27” and Eizo CG241w or is it redundant ?

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Re: basICColor display 6 and X-Rite i1Display Pro
    Reply #1 on: January 1, 2021 at 5:53 pm

basICColor Display 6 is calibration and profiling software. The i1Display Pro is the hardware device – colorimeter – that you need for operating the software. It reads the colours off the screen which the software then processes. You need both.

ouriel morgensztern
    ouriel morgensztern
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: January 2, 2021 at 6:40 am

Thanks Mark for your answer. I assume the x-rite device ships with its own software, would you rather calibrate with the proprietary software or the baslCColo display 6? I use my computer primarily for editing / retouching my photos

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #3 on: January 2, 2021 at 10:06 am

Hello Ouriel – no the i1Display Pro does not ship with its own software. To use this device you download (free download) i1Profiler from the X-Rite website. When you plug-in the i1Display Pro the software will allow you to make display profiles. You can use either i1Profiler or basICColor 6 for creating display profiles. I have since a long time ago preferred basICColor Display (since version 4) for this purpose, but I have not tested the most recent revision of X-Rite’s display profiling function.

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: January 2, 2021 at 10:42 am

Ouriel – sorry – one correction: the i1 Display Pro does ship with a software disc (at least mine did a couple of years ago); but it’s a copy of i1Profiler. One would anyhow be better advised to download the latest version of this software from the company website.

ouriel morgensztern
    ouriel morgensztern
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: January 2, 2021 at 10:51 am

Thanks Mark, I haven’t received the device yet therefore  I don’t know what comes with it. Happy new year !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.