Autumn mist

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Autumn mist Read 772 Times
  • Ken Rennie
    Ken Rennie
    Participant
    Landscape & Nature Photography
    on: January 16, 2020 at 5:41 pm

An early morning image from the North of Scotland taken as the mist started to disperse. Any thoughts? KenDSC3797-1-cropped-from-laptop-1600-6px-stroke

Mike Nelson Pedde
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Participant
    Re: Autumn mist
    Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020 at 5:36 pm

Not sure what I’m looking at, but to my tired old eyes it looks like parts of the image, including the trees in the foreground have been artificially and overly sharpened, whereas the rest of the image has been intentionally blurred. Is that intentional?

Mike.

_____
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Victoria, BC
    https://www.wolfnowl.com/

Reginald Villeponteaux
    Reginald Villeponteaux
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020 at 2:20 am

Maybe  foreground is a little overshapened, but this renders a painterly effect.

Overall, a magical landscape  but I don’t see any hobbits.

Regards,

Dale

Ken Rennie
    Ken Rennie
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020 at 3:54 pm

Thanks Mike and Dale, the left hand tree has been sharpened over and above my normal capture sharpening to drag your eyes towards it. I processed this image on my laptop and it has a soft screen so I may have overdone the tree sharpening and the output sharpening to compensate. I will have a look on my desktop when I get home. Presently in Scotland hoping to get snow filled landscapes. Ken

Mike Nelson Pedde
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020 at 6:15 pm

Good luck! Newfoundland is a good place for snow photos at the moment, but not such a good place to be. I didn’t mention it, but I do like the composition and tone of your image.

Mike.

_____
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Victoria, BC
    https://www.wolfnowl.com/

Ken Rennie
    Ken Rennie
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020 at 10:37 am

I have carefully re-examined this image on my desktop monitor and we will just have to disagree about oversharpening or at least sharpening to the point that it is glaringly obvious. In a previous post I stated that I had increased the sharpening on the left hand tree but in the words of Ms Clinton “I misspoke” no extra sharpening. The original Tiff has no halos or artefacts that I can find and the only boost to shapening/ clarity has been on the background trees which were very soft due to the mist. I have slightly sharpened the reduced size jpeg but no more than any other image posted here. Another case of different people different likes I suppose. Ken

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020 at 10:44 am

Truly, I’d like to see the print.  We buy good lenses so we can have sharp.  Bigger sensors so we have more resolution.  I like the image.  I like the sharpness.  Love the feel of the light.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.