Affinity StudioLink

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Affinity StudioLink Read 905 Times
  • Mike Nelson Pedde
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Participant
    Adobe Photoshop & Pixel Editing Applications
    on: August 7, 2019 at 3:04 pm

Hi There:

I’m sure I’m not the only one here who remembers the entire Adobe CC debacle from the very beginning, and whether or not you support Adobe in their transition is irrelevant here. One thing I do remember is Jeff Schewe and others talking about alternatives. On the raw converter database side there are several, including Capture One and now OnOne, but for the pixel editing side there hasn’t been much. I have Corel Photopaint for example, but I’ve never been overly enthusiastic about it. A couple of years ago I bought Affinity Photo when it came out and was impressed enough from the earliest days to see what potential it had. When Affinity Designer came out I bought that as well (although I secretly prefer CorelDraw for many things) and this year I bought Affinity Publisher. I’ve just finished watching a video (15 minutes) on their StudioLink, which means one can jump back and forth to Designer and/or Photo from within Publisher. It’s pretty impressive.

InDesign is still the industry standard for book publishing, but I think this suite will definitely give it a run. And no, I have no affiliation to Affinity. 🙂

Mike.

P.S. Affinity Photo does have a raw converter, but… I’ll stick with Lr 6.14 and Capture One 12.1 for now.

_____
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Victoria, BC
    https://www.wolfnowl.com/

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Re: Affinity StudioLink
    Reply #1 on: August 7, 2019 at 4:03 pm

Entire Adobe CC debacle? No I don’t recall. ?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.