You can still travel!

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: You can still travel! Read 780 Times
  • Jim Huffman
    Jim Huffman
    Participant
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: February 2, 2021 at 8:28 pm

Kevin, I like you am meant for travel. But I discovered early on with covid, that quarantining doesn’t mean you can’t travel, albeit much more limited. In March of 2020, with 2 feet of snow in the yard, I looked for anywhere in the country that was warmer than 70 degrees. Scottsdale!  I hopped on airbnb, and within hours had cut a deal on a 3 bedroom house with a pool, for a scorchingly low price of $49/night for a month!  After all, in march, there were 360 3 bedroom houses in Scottsdale on airbnb that were empty!  I grabbed my family and drove!  Then we went to Las Vegas.  Then back to Scottsdale.  Then to Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, Oregon, Florida, mexico, colorado, and back to mexico.  We have logged over 13,000 miles on my car, have cut amazing deals on airbnb’s, and stayed entirely safe, quarantining with my wife and 2 adult age daughters.  We have seen a lot of the US that I had never explored.  Hiked in every state we have been in.  Eaten amazing food.  Enjoyed photography.  And, like you, as long as i have internet, i can work.   I’ve been tested 4 times for Covid, and have been negative throughout.  We’ve met many many others who have chosen to self quarantine on the road, and it has given me hope in humanity.  So, pick a destination, cut a deal, and hit the road!

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: You can still travel!
    Reply #1 on: February 2, 2021 at 11:07 pm

Sounds like a good life.  Much of my travel requires out of the country flights.  However, I get my vaccine next week and then again in 30 days.  I think I may be ready for a trip then.  I have some ideas.  Let’s see what develops.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Re: You can still travel!
    Reply #2 on: February 3, 2021 at 3:59 pm

That’s good to hear, Kevin. I’m hoping to get my first dose some time in March: the programme is going really well over here (so far).

Jeremy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.