Topaz Sharpen AI
AuthorTopic: Topaz Sharpen AI Read 520 Times
ParticipantPosts: 61Generalon: September 15, 2020 at 11:41 pm
I decided to download and test Topaz Sharpen AI to see if it would do a better job with Capture sharpening than my current favorite, Focus Magic. Tested one image so far as follows:
1) Started with an image shot handheld with Sony A7r2 and Canon 24-70 f4 L via metabones adapter taken at 24 mm, f 7.1, 1/250 second, ISO 100
2) Image in Lightroom 9.4, applied Auto Settings
3) Set sharpening to 0 and exported image to TIFF
4) Made layers in Photoshop 2020 so I could click layers on and off to see subtle differences
I was impressed with the Stabilize Mode of Topaz Sharpen AI with a Sharpen setting of 38 rather than the default of 50. This may be my new preferred sharpener.
I made a crop of the image and saved a TIFF with different layers named for the sharpening method. You can see the results for yourself by downloading the TIFF and clicking the layers on/off to compare in Photoshop or other application:
PS Also posted on that other photography web site forum.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.